Questionable rash in groin area

I have started to get a rash on my inner thigh and on my pubic bone. The rash looks like separate large pimples and it is sensitive to the touch but otherwise not painful. It is not itchy, although a few weeks ago the area between my thigh and scrotum was itchy. I do not think this is an std because I have been very careful with who i sleep with, and have only had one partner in the past year and a half. I think it may be some sort of fungal infection but I am not sure.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Fungal rash will not present as pimples and since the rash is presenting with sensitive pimples, it can be due to irritated hair foillicles in the area or due to herpes sores (chances are less). Keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful. In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed. Please consult a dermatologist in that case.

Also then get herpes ruled out. Herpes simplex is most easily transmitted by direct contact with a lesion or the body fluid of an infected individual. Transmission may also occur through skin-to-skin contact during periods of asymptomatic shedding.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Helpful - 0

Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community