RASH AND RED

ABOUT A MONTH AGO I HAD A BLISTER LIKE RASH ON MY ARM AND WAS TOLD IT WAS CELLULITUS AND WAS PUT ON KEFLEX AND HYDROXYZINE AFTER THE 2 ROUND OF THEM BOTH I STILL HAVE THE RASH. THIS LAST SATURDAY WHILE ON THE MEDS I HAD A HUGH BOIL COME UP OVER NIGHT ON LOWER RIGHTSIDE OF MY FACE. THE ER DR TOOK ME OFF KEFLEX AND PUT ME ON DOXYCYCLINE 100MG 2 TIMES A DAY AND STILL ON THE OTHER MED AND ALSO A CREAM BETAMETHASONE 2 TIMES A DAY. THE BOIL IS BETTER ALMOST GONE HOWEVER MY CHEST IS RED AND SO IS MY ARM.NO ONE CAN TELL ME WHAT IS GOING ON WITH ME HELP!!!!

This could be folliculitis, eczema, dermatitis, allergic reaction etc.

You need to wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites.

Apply calamine lotion at the site of the lesions and see if it helps. You could take some oral antihistamine medications like cetrizine or loratadine. You need to maintain a good personal hygiene .

Anti-itch drugs, often antihistamine, may reduce the itch during a flare up of eczema, and the reduced scratching in turn reduces damage and irritation to the skin.

For mild-moderate eczema a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone or desonide), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide).

Eczema can be exacerbated by dryness of the skin. Moisturizing is one of the most important self-care treatments for sufferers of eczema. Keeping the affected area moistened can promote skin healing and relief of symptoms.

Continue with the antibiotic medications.

Let us know if you need any further information.

It would be advisable to consult a skin specialist for your symptoms and a proper clinical examination.

Let us know if you need any other information and post us on how you are doing.

Regards.