Dermatology Forum

RASH

I HAD A ABACKACHE OR A SIDE ACHE FROM BEING ON THE COMPUTER TOO LONG, I USED A HOT COMPRESS FOR TWO NIGHTS ( YOU HEAT IT UP IN THE MICOWAVE) IT HELPED BUT NOW I HAVE LIKE FEVER BLISTERS ON MY SIDE AND STOMACH WHERE I PUT THE HEAT, SO NOW I HAVE THE RASH  LIKE WELTS AND SEVERE PAIN LIKE A KNIFE PIERCING MY SIDE.  I AM AFRAID IT COULD BE SHINGLES
I HAVE NO FEVER, NO OTHER SYMPTOMS EXCEPT FOR EXTREME SIDE AND BACKACHE, MY RIGHT SIDE AND A RASH ON MY SIDE AND BACK.
I can't tell from your note whether you have blisters from putting compresses next to your skin that were too hot, or whether you have something else entirely.  Either way, you'll need to see a doctor in person, which I recommend that you do right away.  If it is shingles (zoster), the faster you get on oral antibiotics, the quicker you'll heal.   No need to be afraid of shingles--it's not serious most of the time.  (And of course it may not be shingles at all.)

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions