Raised bumps

My 16 month old daughter has a 3/8" red patch on the right side of her stomach. It has small, raised, almost clear looking bumps on the red patch. Maybe about 10 bumps total or so. That is the only spot on her body. I noticed it a few days ago. Today, my daughter threw up several times and can't keep anything down. I'm not sure if they are related, or she could of had a stomach bug that was unrelated. Should I take her to the doctor to get the rash checked out?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
i would have her looked at just in case
Helpful - 0
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be granuloma annulare, nummular dermatitis or ringworm. Granuloma annulare consists of reddish bumps arranged in a circle or ring which are itchy. Usually it is asymptomatic but due to cosmetic disfigurement topical or oral steroids may be needed. My sincere advice is to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.
Then it has to be differentiated from other possibilities like ringworm and nummular dermatitis also.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community