Avatar universal

Rash/Irritation on Penis

The other day I went tanning, completely nude on a high intensity bed.  I had previously went to Florida so I had some what of a tan on my upper and lower body and I wanted to keep it going (obviously my waist/knee area was covered).  In the course of tanning, I decided to put my boxers on with 8 minutes left.  I could tell that I had burnt myself, even my upper body that got sun felt burnt, including my face, and I actually had a tan line from when I put my boxers on with the last remaining 8 minutes.  However, I previously had sex with my girlfriend who I've been dating for three months (unprotected). Two days later, and after my tanning experience, I got out of the shower and masterbated.  After I was done, I had a felt a irritation on my penis, the "fricition" like feeling, and it became inflamed, red and somewhat sore.  It wasn't a severe pain by any means, nor did I notice any irritation (bumps, sorenes, etc...) previously to masterbating and I didnt have any other symptoms.  The marks had appeared only where my hand had caused the "friction".  I would compare the feeling to the "rug burn" sensation like when you masterbate too much and it leaves a mark.  Anyways, later that night I ended up having unprotected sex again, and the following night I masterbated.  About ten days later my sores had healed up and the only other symptom that had accured during the time was that I had some swollen lmyph nodes.  Over the weekend I played basketball and dove on the ground and landed on my stomach groin area. I also haven't played basketball in over a year.  I am an active lifter, but hardly do lower body.  The only time it would bother would be when I walked with the constant friction between my penis rubbing against my leg/boxers or when I showered which resulted in the healing process to open the scabbing up.  Anyways, my question is, do you think I may have had something more severe than just a really bad "rug burn/friction" irritation that I caused?  I feel that since it occured and the activity that I did to it (sex/masterbating/tanning exposure) that I prolonged the irrtation and that's why it was such a severe incident to my penis.  Any additionaly information would be great to hear/know!
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Avatar universal
Anyone?? :-/
Helpful - 0
563773 tn?1374246539
From the symptoms it looks like chafing skin or friction rub. This has been aggravated during masturbation and intercourse.

Avoid intercourse and masturbation till the area gets healed. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. Also wear cotton undergarments. Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful. If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community

Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions