Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dermatology Community
53.6k Members

Rash Near Pubic Region!!!!...please help!!!!

hey for about 2 weeks now the skin near my pubic are....in between the thighs and penis to be accurate.the skin started coming out along with frequent itching sensation.....and so i started applying calamine lotion and now it has started producing rashes and it somehow keeps spreading..also the region in and around that area started turning kind of blackish......i asked one of my friends and he told me that hes been having these same problems since three years..so if you know what this is and how to cure it please let me know as soon as possible!!!
1 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi,

This may be a fungal infection or a contact dermatitis.

The groin area and the areas you have mentioned are preferred areas for fungal infection due to the warmth and moisture present in the area .This type of conditions favor the growth of fungi.

Fungal infections may present with redness and the borders are usually well delineated. There may be some scaling and peeling of skin during one of the itch scratch episodes. A dermatitis on the other hand may not really present with a sharp reddish border similar to that of the fungal infections.There may be associated vesicle (lesions containing fluid) formation.

I suggest you have this assessed first by your physician prior to applying any medications.
Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions