Avatar universal

Rash on face

I think I may be allergic to some ingredient in a lot of face moisturizers and foundations. My face has recently broken out into tiny bumps (which has happened to me before, mostly on my forehead and around my mouth/chin) and they usually dissipate within a few days. This time the bumps have become itchy and flaky. They are on my entire face, around my nose, under my eyebrows etc. However, they are not on my neck. What can I do to help alleviate this? With the numerous ingredients listed on face products now, is there any way to tell which ingredient may be causing this reaction so I can avoid it in the future? Thank you.

2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Avatar universal
use non comegenic products, i have a similar issue i hope i can have answered as well, but yes there are specialist out there for allergies, i have something to share with you and i was told this last time i had a reaction, to food that had msg, i told the doctor ive ate this food for 5 years and had no issues before, and his response was yes you can eat it 5 million times, but it only takes that one time to have a reaction to it, like people who wear watches when there young, and when they get older and decide to wear one again they have a reaction to it, but in esscense i would try non comegenic moisturizers and see if that helps good kind is clinique, also see a doctor who specializes in allergens they will probably answer or narrow it down for you, hopefully you find out soon good luck
Helpful - 0
563773 tn?1374246539

It sounds like allergic contact dermatitis. Avoid using any lotions and creams over the face for the meantime. Wash your face with a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Pat your face dry. Then apply a good hypoallergenic moisturizer over the area and see if this improves.If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort.For the itching you can take some antihistaminics like Benadryl or Claritin.Also check your scalp for dandruff as it may clog the pores and cause folliculitis and itching.

If the symptoms persist then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist. I hope that helps. Please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries. Kind regards.

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community

Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions