Dermatology Forum

Rash

I have this rash that comes and goes, sometimes it comes underneath my arm pit, but lower down, on my lower belly or on my inner thigh, it iches so bad sometimes, it gets really inflamed and is about 3 inches long. and than all of a sudden its gone. could you please help me try to understand what this can be. tahnk you
Pam:

I'm not sure, but it sounds like eczema.  This is an itchy rash which comes and goes for no special reason.  You may want a doctor or dermatologist check it out to see if a prescription-strength cortisone cream might help you.

Best.

Dr. R
my son has a rash on his stomach, neck, & back that occured two days ago and is real red. little bumps that are'nt raised hardley at all.
he has also had a low grade fever, we have been giving him children tylanol for the fever & children benedryle for the itching. can you give me any info on this or should i be alarmed? thank you.
Jason:

It sounds as though he just has a rash from the same virus that's giving him the fever.  Nothing special to do.  Just stay in touch with his doctor.  And don't worry!

Dr. R
My husband gets this rash on his chest and back and sometimes on his upper legs, it is really dry and itchy.  He says it feels better after I amply lotion to it.  Could this be the rash they say you get when you show symptoms of hiv or is it just egzema?  We have only been together for two years so it worries me.
Michelle:

It sure sounds more like eczema than HIV.  But if you're that concerned, that makes me wonder whether you are comfortable with your husband's previous lifestyle and sexual practices.  You really need to talk this through, with him, a doctor, or counselor.  Get tests if they help reassure you, but you can't go through married life wondering whether garden-variety skin (or other) problems are HIV-related.

Best.

Dr. R
Thank you for your reply, I guess you are right about being uncomfortable with his past relationships.  I will talk this over with him, thank you for your advise.
My son has a skin virus that is extremely itchy, red and little bumps over his entire body his sister has some as well but only above her eyelid area. I was advised there is nothing I can do but to treat him with benadryl and motrin for the itch and fever.

My question is how did it accure and what could he have been exposed to that cause this virus?

My other question is; would it be okay to apply aloe vera on parts of the skin? or some kind of ointment to help relief the dryness, itchiness and discomfort?

Please advise Thank you.
I have something on parts of my body that itches me badly. It is real dry and darker than my regular skin tone. It's under my arm.shoulder, andupper chest. What is this
Doctor,

This is a followup question. I would appreciate it if you could help me find out what type of skin rash my son has. Red little bumps over his body alot more on his chest, back and stomach area, in addition it is extremely itchy.  Would you know what could have caused it?

Thank you very much
My partner and I have rashes on our calves, thighs, upper arms, and backs.  In response to someone else's question about her family having rashes you wrote that you know of nothing but scabies that would cause a contagious rash.  Did I misunderstand?  We are each being treated with Tac cream, each having had scabies ruled out.  Just a coincidence?
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions