Rash

I woke up today and the top of my hand was itching...so as I scratched it i realized that I had little bumps all over the top of my hand. The rash burns and itches intensly and has spread to the top of my other hand. I have not come into contact with anything out of the ordinary. I work with money and was wondering if poison oak could be transferred via the passing of money. There are alot of hunters that come into where I work and that is the only logical contact I have had with anything like that. Its seems to be spreading rapidly. I have no allergies other than sulfa which has to taken internally. I have had cats all my life and likewise no discernable problems. I do have an outdoor cat that could have gotten into something, I just don't know. What can I do to stop the spread of this what ever it is? Hydrodortisone helps the itch for a little while but I don't want to be covered in the stuff by morning.
Thanks for any help.

This discussion is related to Small red bumps that itch and continue to spread.

You could be allergic to some unknown substance or this could be sweat rash or some infection.

Do you have any other associated symptoms?

What work do you do? Do you handle any chemicals or soaps or detergents etc?

You could wash the area several times daily and apply calamine lotion at the sites. Take oral antihistamine medications like loratadine or cetrizine for your symptoms.

Try to find out the cause of your symptoms or any factors that aggravate the rash. Consult a skin specialist for a clinical examination.

Let us know about how you are doing and what your doctor advises.

Regards.