Dermatology Forum

Recommendation for products needed for hyperpigmentation

Hi, I have hyperpigmentation (several dark brown blotchy spots) on my penis (which is brown in color to begin with, but the hyperpigmented spots are darker), and I want to remove them. I have been looking for products online, and I have decided by buy one of the following:

1) http://www.dermadoctor.com/product.asp?productid=951&AID=4337
(ingredients: Mitracarpus Scaber Extract, Artcostaphylos Uva Ursi Leaf Extract, Dithiaoctanediol, Azeleic Acid, Beta Carotene, Licorice Extract, Gluconic Acid, Glucosamine-Urea Complex, Glycosaminoglycans and Glycopolysaccharides )

2)
http://www.sennine.com/(1sub1i55buccdkjpkp5wzy55)/WhiteElements.aspx
(Key Ingredients:   Kojic Acid, Licorice Root Extract, Bearberry Extract (containing Arbutin), Vitamin C, Astragalus Extract, **** Quai Extract, Lactic Acid, Tartaric Acid, Malic Acid, Green Tea Extract, Vitamin E, Bloodroot Extract, Wild Yam Extract, Wild Indigo Extract, Wild Reishi Mushroom Extract, Bilberry Extract, Vitamin E.)

Can you please tell me if they are safe to use on my penis and which one you think is more effective? If you don't think any of these are useful, can you recommend a product?

By the way, I don't know if the following info is neccessary but...
I'm not circumsized, and I have had these spots since I was 14 when I was going through puberty, they appeared over night, and they haven't changed in color or size for 10 years. They don't itch or hurt. They are just darker in color.
leo83

You are probably describing a freckle or mole.  These are not a problem, but they won't go away with any creams I know of.  (I'm not familiar with the creams you list, by the way, but even prescription-strength ones wouldn't be likely to help.)  You need to see a dermatologist who specializes in laser removal of brown pigmented lesions--that's a pretty common procedure, usually used in older people with age spots.
Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
A related discussion, asma was started.
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions