MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

Rectangle Shaped Mole

Rectangle Shaped Mole? Same color like my other moles, less than the size of a pencil eraser & been there since I was a child. It does not itch, no peeling. It is just sitting there and always has been. I recently just noticed it’s the size of rectangle. Is that significant?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hello and welcome to the forum. Sorry about your concern but glad you asked. This is a mole you've had for a long time and it hasn't changed, which is a good sign. True that most moles are round or oval but the main thing that doctors look for in terms of shape is symmetry. Sounds like this would not be of concern to them in regards to this feature.  I would have your doctor look at it at your very next physical to confirm. And if it DOES change sizes, see a dermatologist. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/moles/symptoms-causes/syc-20375200
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community