Recurring welt on thigh

Over the past couple of months, I have noticed a single raised reddish spot on my right upper thigh that becomes obvious every now and then. It looks like a welt, or insect bite, but is always in the exact same spot, and occurs on its own out of nowhere. It has itched a couple of times, but for the most part I only notice it when tracing my fingers over my leg. It is irregularly shaped, and will appear and disappear within about 12 hours. I am curiously concerned, as this is about the 6th time it has appeared over the course of around 3 or 4 months. Should I be worried? Should I make an appointment with my doctor? I have recently been dropped from my insurance, so I am skeptical to pay for appointment that would have no solution if this is normal. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Welts are bumps in the skin that are caused by fluid collecting just below the surface of the skin. Physical trauma such as a blow or an unintentional hit against a furniture or something can cause a welt. Welts can also be caused by insect bites, allergic reactions, infections, and injections. In very sensitive people with dermographism, even a gentle touch to the skin can cause a welt to emerge.
It could also be a patch of dermatitis.
It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!