Red, blotchy, itchy feet.

Here lately I've been noticing that I have been getting red blotchy spots on the top of my feet and now they are starting to get really itchy and tingly.  I have also noticed that I am retaining a lot of water. When I pull my socks down I have a dent about an inch deep around my ankles and the dent stays there for a good 30 more minutes before it starts to go away.  I made a dr.'s appointment but they are so booked up my appointment is another month away.  What can I do to relieve the itching? And is the water retention related? Should I be concerned?
The rash can be due to fungal infection but pedal edema needs evaluation. Common causes of ankle swelling include  traumatic Injury such as an ankle sprain or a fracture,gout (accumulation of uric acid crystals within the fluid of your ankle),ankle arthritis,infection (cellulitis or septic joint), problems with blood flow like DVT can impair normal circulation and lead to swelling around the ankles,pregnancy, obesity, and varicose veins.
Edema can be caused by a serious condition of the kidney, heart, liver or blood vessels as well.
So all these factors need evaluation.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.