Red Blotches (With Pictures)

Hi, I'm a young male in my early 20's and for the past two to three years I've had this skin condition, I haven't been to the doctor about it yet but I plan to soon. It started out around my neck and was tolerable at first but recently I've noticed that it appears to be growing down my body particularly around my arm pits, sides and devastatingly now my groin, inner thighs and upper legs. I haven't tried treating it because I don't know what it is, I just hoped it would disappear.

I've recently started a new relationship and this is really knocking my confidence to get intimate with my girlfriend. I can hide my body under a vest but now that it has reached my groin area I have little options plus hiding myself is not really sustainable. It does not appear to affect my penis or scrotum but is fairly visible around them. It is usually a pale pink colour but after a bath or shower I notice it turn a deep red, it is not itchy.

Please help me, I hate my body because of this. I have attached two pictures of my body, not my groin area.
http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x427/turboknuckles/123private321/MyBody1.jpg

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x427/turboknuckles/123private321/MyBody2.jpg
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
There are some possibilities which need to be evaluated and these include eczema, psoriasis, drug reaction, urticaria, erythema multiforme or systemic diseases like sarcoidosis or amyloidosis. To confirm the diagnosis, you need to get a biopsy skin done. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Helpful - 0
Hi, thank you for your reply. I was diagnosed 2 days ago by my doctor as having pityriasis versicolour. She has prescribed me with ketoconazole shampoo 2% and has instructed me to use it in my daily shower for 5 days, leaving it on my skin for 5 minutes at a time. I started treatment yesterday and have noticed a difference in the colour and texture of the rash so it seems to be having an effect. My doctor says the yeast bacteria that causes it should be killed off in 5 days but it could take a month or two for my skin pigmentation to return to normal. I can't say I'm a big fan of standing in the middle of the bathroom completely naked, freezing cold, soaking wet and lathered up but it has to be done haha.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community