Red Lump on Arm

I recently felt a small lump under my skin, and figuring it was a cyst that I could drain myself (dumb move), I poked at it with a needle. The area on the outside of my arm above the lump I poked out let out a small amount of dark blood, then became red and hard around the site where I poked the needle in. Will this go away on its own, or are there any ways to treat this?
First of all pls don’t try poking again as you may be inviting infections and complicating the picture.Apply cold compresses and some antiseptic lotion on the area.Then apply antibiotic cream like Neosportin or Bactroban.Also take some anti inflammatory analgesics like Ibuprofen.

After the skin has healed,pls consult a dermatologist and get the cyst evaluated.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how  you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.