Dermatology Community
54k Members
Avatar universal

Red Penis head bumps

I have recently developed some tiny red spots on the penis head with a very slight raise. They only cause a mild but noticeable 2 second pain upon appearing. They look more like ant bites than anything. Started off as just two but now there is about 5. I don't have discharge or discolored ejaculation. I pee just fine with no burning. I am circumcised and clean regularly. I had sex around 9/16-9/23 of this year and had no problems until a week or 2 later. I tend to masturbate regularly and hadn't had sex for a good 4-5 months before this. She has no signs of anything so I am thinking this could be some kind of irritation. There is no white spots or anything like that. And they only stay red for a little bit and then fade but are still noticeable. There are no signs of any hair follicles, and wouldn't think there would be on the head.  There is no signs of anything on the shaft or anywhere else. She did have scabies shortly before, but was treated. I only had one other sex partner and that was my ex fiancee, and that was back in jan also of this year. Could it possibly be a suddenly sensitive spot to the body wash I use and have used for years? Only reason I would think that is because I have sensitive arms and have to use gentle laundry detergents.
2 Responses
Avatar universal
I would like to add that upon reading several things I forced myself to ejaculate to check the color and it is a greenish yellow and is very thick.
563773 tn?1374246539
Although the symptoms are suggestive of folliculitisbut other possibilities like genital warts, molluscum lesions and cysts also need to be evaluated. Moreover for the greenish discharge, Chlmaydia needs to be ruled out. For that get a complete STD panel testing done. Till then, keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful. In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed. Please consult a dermatologist in that case.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions