Red Skin

I am a 43 year old female and I wanted to know why my skin turns instantly red when I go outside. I may be out just for 5 minutes and people think I've been laying out in the sun all day. I have noticed that my tolerance to the sun is less and less since I had my son six years ago. Am I allergic to the sun or do I have some weird disorder?
From the symptoms it can be solar dermatitis. Apply a good sunscreen with minimum spf 30 atleast half an hour before going out in the sun. You can take non-sedating antihistamines such as Cetirizine or Loratadine(Claritin). Short courses of oral cortisone or steroids are taken for short periods (one to three days) to settle more severe symptoms. You may take Vitamin C along with the prescribed treatment. Vitamin C is a general anti-allergy supplement. Also apply calamine lotion and a mild steroid cream like dermacort on the rash.

If the symptoms persist then please get an evaluation done from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.