Red cracked lips

A few weeks ago i had quite badly cracked lips on one side of my mouth. I figured it was due to the cold weather as i had the same problem last year in the same place but never elsewhere on my lips. I have been applying Cymex to the area for about three weeks now but the area is still very dry and sore when i wake up. I feel like i have to pick at it when i wake up because its quite painful when i try to open my mouth. In the last couple of days i've had two or three little spots on the skin around the area. Now the side of my mouth is very red and very noticable.
The red bumps can be due to folliculitis of small hair follicles around the lips and the dry lips can be due to cheilitis. Folliculitis starts when hair follicles are damaged by friction from clothing or blockage of the follicle. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful.In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed. Please consult a dermatologist in that case and get cold sores also ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.