A
A
Close
Dermatology Community
53.6k Members

Red spots

Hi, I am 35 year male.
I have developed a sudden eruption of  
red blood-spots (like Campbell de Morgan spots) on my upper body and also on my arms.
Very tiny raised red spots, they do not go white when I press on them.
I do not feel sick nor are these spots itchy or sore.
I have a few Campbell de Morgan spots, my new ones look the same, but just smaller.

It happened suddenly and may still be erupting.
What can this be?
I am very worried!

Thanks
2 Responses
563773 tn?1374250139
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,
It can be due to cherry angiomas or pyogenic granuloma. Cherry angiomas are made up of clusters of tiny capillaries at the surface of the skin, forming a small round dome ("papule"), which may be flat topped.

When they first develop, they may be only a tenth of a millimeter in diameter and almost flat, appearing as small red dots. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Thank you for your response.  
I went for blood tests, and it determined that I have slightly high cholesterol. I started to I cut out all fats (saturated) and refined sugars out of my diet. I have been noticed an improvement in my condition and some of the spots (the ones that did not grow to where it is slightly raised) are disappearing. I am following a healthy diet (lost 7kg) and drink apple cider vinegar 3 times a day. I also detoxed my liver.
I now do believe that cherry angiomas are not caused only by old age; rather by what you eat, to cause a buildup of toxins in the liver. I may be wrong but I know that I have learned that I can reverse the outbreak by eating healthy and drinking plenty of water.
My breakout have stopped, I will give it some time to see how many of the spots remain after a few months and then get them lasered of.
Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions