Dermatology Community
53.6k Members
Avatar universal

Reoccuring boils

of last yr august i've notice some boils occurring my vaginal area, At first i taught i was areaction to some birth controll pills i was taking and then it started to hurt. I noticed that i would jus be a few at time scattered along my labia majora and one on my perineum. it really hurt when i sat down or walked around. So visited a local clinic and they sent me to do a urine test and the results that i have have bacteria "Pus cells 8 in 12 fields" and red blood cells 4 in 12 fields. the clinic gave me some tablets to drink and insert. the boils did clear for a while but the continued to return sometimes after my period and after sex. I did the urine test again and the results were lower but i want to remove it from my system completely. can you say if this more serious that a bacteria and if i could permanently get rid of it an how?

This discussion is related to perineum boils.
1 Responses
563773 tn?1374250139
These genital  sores can be due to folliculitis or boils. A boil, also referred to as a skin abscess, is a localized infection deep in the skin. A boil generally starts as a reddened, tender area. Over time, the area becomes firm and hard. Eventually, the center of the abscess softens and becomes filled with pus. Finally, the pus "forms a head," which can be surgically opened or spontaneously drain out through the surface of the skin.
Since they are painful, it gives the possibility of boils an edge but if you have had unprotected intercourse then to be on the safe side you need to get an evaluation done for STD’s like herpes as well.

Apply warm compresses and keep the area clean. Drainage is done only when it becomes soft and forms a head. Take some over the counter pain reliever and consult a doctor for examination and antibiotics prescription.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions