MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

Retin-A

Hello.  I have been using retin-a 3 times a week and sulfacetamide 3 times a week (alternating each night).  I just so happened to start reading the information for retin-a and it says, "if you have recently used products containing sulfur....use tretinoin with caution."  Do i have something to be worried about?  
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Ideally the drugs are best applied at different times.Clindamycin is antibacterial like sulfacetamide and it combines well with tretinoin best applied at bed,sunscreen in the morning.Try the complex evening.
Helpful - 0
Ok another question.  Since my skin is very dry and flaky, i wanted to add a step to my morning regimen.  I got some samples from the dermatologist of something called skin medica hydrating complex.  It has hyaluronic acid in the form of a serum.  Also, i use clindamycin phosphate lotion to prevent breakouts during the day.  If i add this underneath the clindamycin, will it stop the clindamycin from working?  Will the serum cause breakouts?  It says it is for all skin types.  Should i maybe use the hydrating complex after i use the clindamycin?  I am 24 yr old female still experiencing some breakouts.  I have not had any breakous for about 2 months since using clindamycin during the day, and sulfacetamide at night.  I just recently added the retin-a becasue i wanted some anti-aging benefit.  Also, i would like to add an antioxidant serum to my skin since i live in florida and want to protect my skin from UV etc.Do you recommend anything that wont break me out.  When would i apply it before or after clindamycin?  I use blue lizard face suncream as my spf.  Thanks so much i know i wrote a lot :)
Helpful - 0
only thing is that irritation will be more, combined.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community