Reversal of Corticosteroid Damage?
For about a year, on and off, I was prescribed various anti-fungal and hydro-cortisone ointment and creams by my doctor, and later my dermatologist to deal with itching on my scrotum and at the base of my penis shaft (where it meets the scrotum). No treatments seemed to help, so I eventually gave up on all prescription, about a year later and hoped the issue would resolve itself. It has now been a year since I gave up on doctors, and nearly two years since my problem began (august of 2009), and I find that my scrotal skin is hypersensitive. Just wearing pants causes me to experience itching and soreness. I don't know if its normal because i can't really remember how the skin used to look, but there is a "shinyness" about the skin, particularly where the penis hangs over the scrotum. In addition, the fordyce spots in this area are extra pronounced. I did a bit of my own internet research, having given up on my doc, and came across some unsettling information about steroid induced skin atrophy. I am in a panic that the cortisone treatments have permanently damaged my skin. Is this likely? I notice no striae, which i've read indicate atrophy, but the skin does seem to have lost some of its colour, and is, as i mentioned before, "shinyer"than before. Is soreness and itching a symptom of atrophy? Will the atrophy be resolved over time on its own? (I am only 20 yrs old.) In my panic I have searched the web for methods of reversing atrophy, and have come across a great deal of information about a product called "Tretinoin," which apparently helps to reverse skin atrophy. Is it advisable to use this or something similar on an area so sensitive as the scrotum? Obviously I will return to my dermatologist in person to ask, but I was hoping to get some insight from you. This condition is severely depressing as it is always on my mind.  
Surgey seems like the only realistic option. Haven´t you thought about this? Skin graft?
I don´t believe a couple of guys on a medhelp forum will find a cure for steroid atrophy when medical companies haven´t found it. I have seen a professor in dermatology, he said he couldn´t help me. A guy that devoted his life to skin? And then we´re gonna find a cure here? It´s over, surgery is the only option or using moisterizers for life 24/7. It´s been 5 years for me in this hell. I fear the surgery but i´m willing to take the risk. Can´t live like this anymore. If I do the surgery i will come back and write to you guys unless it didn´t go well the you´ll find me in the cementary.
Most up to date atricle is here :

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4168021/

Calcipotiol is synthetic D3, it is proven that it will help as below. I read intructions of use of this cream (Sorel or Daivonex) and it is told that you cannot use it on face, so yeah it is pretty risky to use it on Scrotum :(
I think Calcitriol is natural form and more mild, it is advised to use it on face with cuctions to not to get to eye for example.
We can try and risk, or wait for some miracle medicament. I currently also try with alternative medicine so i will inform you all.

regards,

it´s one thing using that to prevent atrophy to occure and another thing treating already occured atrophy, thus bringing the destroyed skin back to normal.

only study i´ve seen where the skin was improved is the one done on hairless mice with tretinoin.

Can calcipotiol improve skin where atrophy has already occured is the big question here. If so why don´t doctors know about it and just give us the right medication then?  

Well, article show also that atrophy has been reversed with vitamin D3 topically use. This vitamin is not thinning skin, but return skin to it normal condition (thickening if skin is thinned, and thinning if thickened). Vitamin D3 mentioned in article was a strong ingrendient so better watch out and consult this with dermatologist. Also please keep in mind everything what you apply on scrotum will affect on penis and prostate because scrotum has 30% of absorption so PLEASE BE WARNED !. I will discuss D3 topically with my dermatologist who is pretty on topic with newest solutions, but i will talk to him in next couple of months. If you want to try safe method then :
- Search for OTC cream with vitamin d3 (Cholecalciferol - it should be mild) and use it couple of months and see results - it may help (didn't try for now)
- Get your vitamin D3 level check, and if it is low, get very high suplementation cycle. I have very low D3 level so currently i am talking 15 000 IU of Cholecalciferol daily. I will check my D3 level in next 3 months. I want to get my D3 level on very high level (get you resarch how D3 affect health - it is one of a most potent vitamins for overall health), yes i know that d3 orally has very last impact on skin but it may help a little (even if it will take year or two) so i give it a try.
- I think about getting some sun on my scrotum but i need to wait for summer, there are some information from people with skin atrophy on penis that sun really help with thickening and healing skin affected by steroids ! so i think it is vitamin D3 that have direct impact on damaged with steroid skin (vitamin d3 is produced directly in sun affected skin). Get your scrotum on sun for example for 3-5 minutes (or more) every day and see difference, Only downside is that you can get sunburn so you need to watch out. Also better is to not to use any sunblockers because it will block sunrays it is simple :). Tanning with devices is also a option but very risky in my opinion.
Search for advice in naturopath (diet and hebals), good dermatologist (if you have luck with finding one) and share with hime with your idea. Search for alternative solutions, herbals and medicaments. DO NOT get depressed, fight for your health because i know how important it is for men. And most important, SHARE your experiances so we can help eachother !
funny you mentioned being in the sun. I tried going to nudist beaches in the summer beacuse of this cause i also read it might improbe...and done so every summer since my problem began 5 years ago. It has made absolutely nothing to improve my skin on my penis shaft.   The skin just  became very easily sunburn and even more irritated and the burning is terrible. I will look into d3 as mentioned I just think the whole situation would be extremely bizarre if we a couple of guys on a forum would find a cream that would heal steroid related atrophy when no medical companies or doctors have nothing to offer us?  I don´t understrand why nobody wanna talk about surgery or skin graft that seem to be the only realistic treatment. I do understrand that would largely depend on how big the area of atrophy is and where it´s located. But stll, that is the only 100 percent relief I can see today even though the risk of complications is there.
Please, i warn you - DO NOT use tacrolimus/Protopic on your genitals. I used Protopic on my scrotum for 2 months, 1 time a day every second day and it destroyed my penis skin (yes, penis not scrotum because scrotum absorbed this TOXIC cream to my penis/prostate). Currently penis skin is healing but it is no where it was 5 months ago, and i am seriously concerning about my overall health. Tacrolimus make a lot of trouble, specially on damaged by steroid skin, i have this confirmed also from one of guys i met on my regional forum who used Protopic after steroid on his penis. Please do not go this way. If you want to try something, i would suggest something mild for skin repair, i read that Cicaplast Baume B5 cream can make a difference if used on delicate penile skin destroyed by steroid, apply it for like 7-10 days and see if it helps. I do not test it but i am currently using Lipikar Baume AP+ on my scrotum and it looks really helping with skin (it is same company La Roche, i see skin is hydrated, elastic and gaining natural colour after really strong steroids), but it is too early to say that skin will heal overall - using it like 3 weeks. Lipikar has been suggested by my current dermatologist who overall is pretty smart guy and know what is going on.
Oh, and regarding Amlactin, i was reading about this one some time ago and it is on my list and i would give it a try, if other medicals will fail. I think it is pretty safe to use, becasue it is used even on babies and it is Moisturizing Lotion. Currently Lipikar is doing pretty good job and i cannot buy Amlactin in my country so i will strick to Lipikar.
ok so i´m not trying prototopic but what about the other link i posted?  AMLACTIN

did you read the study?  amlactin apparently reverses skin atrophy. Any thoughts?

Right now i´m using numbingcream....cream that is suppose to numb the skin for people who fear needles and so ...I apply the cream on my penis shaft where the atrophy is and then i can mastrubate without pain... but for me surgery seems the only way out of this....I´d do anything to have this problem on another location on my body than my penis. I hope surgery can help me but i´m really scared...i have lived with this pain for almost 6 years now.
In my opinion you should try Amlactin, it is pretty safe and it can help. Also you can consider megadosing Vitamin C, liposomal version is very good but expensive if not prepared in home. I find on forums that Vitamin C can cure stretch marks with oral high dosing in longer period of time, like 9-12 months - promote fibroblast and collagen production. No doctor will tell you that, because it is Vitamin and widely availible opposide to their "creams". I currently started high dose Vit C and seeing first results in vision and mood right a way, but for skin benefits i prepare to long term supplementation. Make you own research via google and you will find information.
i´ve had this for 6 years and surgery seems like the only solution.
ok so i tried amlactin and it stings and hurts. I guess that´s the peeling effect that works. If I had had this problem on another bodypart i´d stick with it and see if it works a 6 months period. Problem is my atrophy is located on my penis shaft så it´s not possible for be to have this pain that long. So i give up an will now go through the surgery. Best of luck to you. I don´t think you´ll find a cure. Once atrophy is done it´s irreversible that´s my conclusion. Maybe I´m wrong but after 6 years I give up. Goodbye.
http://journals.plos.org/plosmedicine/article?id=10.1371/journal.pmed.0030493
Thanks for info, dont go the surgery way, cure will be here sooner or later i am telling you. Also please check post by OnlineHelp85 in this thread regarding matrixyl 3000  :
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Dermatology/Skin-damaged-by-excessive-hydrocortisone-use/show/946411

I think it is pretty safe, and sound reasonable like 10% thickness in 2 months.
I've suffered from steroid cream-induced genital skin damage for over a decade. It has actually gotten worse with the onset of inverse psoriasis. I've been told by docs that the steroid damage is permanent & irreversible.

My sex life has become practically nonexistent. On those very infrequent occasions when my wife & I do have sex, the skin just behind the head splits & bleeds. The pain is pretty bad sometimes. Once we are finished (more often than not, before we're really "finished"), cleanup is a painful process, as soaps & creams only aggravate the split skin. Bleeding is usually minimal, but still....  Regardless of it all, I'm going strong.

All that said, your life ain't over. Don't relegate yourself to a life lived just for your ****. It truly isn't the end of the world. Hang in there. Continue seeking treatments. Be good to yourself. Avoid self-abuse. Find some hobbies to get involved in.

You'll be alright.

PS - I've read over a few more of your posts... Stop being so hard on yourself. Are you single? If you're worried what a woman might think about your little fella, you shouldn't be.  If a woman loves you, she'll overlook something like that.

I'm just trying to encourage you. There is so much life to be lived. Along with psoriasis, I now have psoriatic arthritis. I am in constant pain over about 75% of my body. My wife has Parkinson's Disease & hurts over about 80% of her body. But we're pretty happy that we've been allowed to continue on (we're only in our 50s).
I hope i can be helpful with my post. I used to have eczema on my penis head. The steroid thin my skin that made sex painful sometimes. What help with my condition:

1. Spray 3M cavilon no sting barrier cream on the glans before sex. A couple of squirts.
2. Wear condom but lubricate the glans with ky jelly before putting on the condom

It helps.

I contacted one of the professors that had done a study on atrophy from steoroids and he emailed me back and told me I could try this cream

http://www.*****

neverhealed" From your story it sounds lik your atrophy is located under the penishead/glans where the thin is thin from the beginning? But mine os located from the bottom  and half way up the penis thus where the skin is suppose to be thick. The shaft that is. My urologist want to remove that part of skin and do a transplant. I have waited 6 years and i´m ready to take the chance.
I used hydrocortisone 1% to fix contact dermatitis. It worked. However whenever I had a bit of redness on my glans I used it again. Contact dermatitis was on my glans by the way  . I used daktacourt micanazole with 1% hydrocortisone mixed in. Used it for about 9 months but very rarely . I was paranoid about losing my Mrs who dumped me in the end anyway due to glans skin issues. Anyway. I used that cream for those 9 months very rarely but got through the whole 15 gramme tube bar a gramme. Because I only used it now and again I didn't have any problems except a little redness here and there. That was the start of my problems.  The skin was thinning.
Anyway. Because I was crazy about my Mrs I went to the Dr again. I had some redness round the Base of my glans. If only I'd of stopped there. Turned around and gone home. All would of been fine. He prescribed me micanazole 2% anti fungal and hydrocortisone 1% cream separately. Confusion with the Dr meant I thought I had to use all of the hydrocortisone 1% . Luckily or unluckily I used it for about 28 days but with breaks of a week or so in between. So about 4 weeks in total.  First all was ok.  Sex life continued. But then the head starting turning red. This was the beginning of skin thinning. I used it about five days at first. Stopped. Then used it again. For about 7-10 days twice a day. Next I experienced visibly thin skin. Plastic bag effect where the skin was breaking down. I stopped using it. Masturbated.  Three quarters of glans went red. Blood was near the surface I guess. Masturbated again. The skin cracked and bled in one place. This happened again a couple of times.

I tried vitamin E capsules to keep my girlfriend but also to try to fix the problem. Stupidly I used hydrocortisone 1% at the Base of my glans again. This made the area extremely red . Along with this my glans was dry and had red spots under the skin.
I did continue my story but it didn't post. So here's a quick summary. Didn't use cream again and won't ever again. This is a mild steroid otc cram but it still damaged me. 1q weeks on I still have issues but much improved.  The redness at the Base of my glans has gone. I now have cracks and depressions at the Base of my glans that wrinkle when I retract or push forward my foreskin.  I lost my girlfriend. I lost my happiness. I lost a lot. Also I have thinned skin but it has improved.  There are red dots that keep coming back under the glans skin. Also a little bit of loose skin. I used this cream all over the top of my glans. The foreskin also sticks to the glans Base but not as bad as it was and much improved also. The foreskin is also a pinkish colour but also it is improved. Capillaries are also evident when erect at the Base of the glans.  

I've been told it'll take 6 moths maximum to heal. Also that hydrocortisone 1% cannot cause permanent damage. Also I've read that someone else used this cream for 3 months but 2 years on they are much improved. And that you're the only one who will notice the difference.  Wrinkles seem to be the only permanent side effect.
I have an ongoing post on this but ell do a new one. Feel free to contact me or post. Sorry to all you guys who have lost so much. I understand how you feel. Be strong.  
Why do people never tell us if they recovered or what happened next . Please guys.  Let us know if you got better.  Etc.
Obviously you people recovered or you'd still be on here asking questions.
still here and still in pain 6 years since the atrophy happened. You guys who developed atrophy but don´t have a problem with the pain from it why do you care? The pain is the only reason i´m depressed and suicidal. The only thing that has ever helped me is numbing creams. But these creams last a couple of minutes and the wear off. So sick of the itch and pain and the psycologial aspect before putting on my jeans and knowing it´s gonna hurt..or lying on my stomach in bed and so on...this is in my head all the time. I so wanna kill that doctor...been dreaming about it..so what is left for me to try

protopic , can it be helpful for the pain?

silikongel ( since the atrophy created lots of scars that healed and become striae, stretchmarks silikon is suppose to help with the itch as it lays like a thin film on top

dermaroller, maybe a 0,5 can be used and let the skin reheal and become thicker?

tretinoin for thickening the skin?

surgery and skin graft?

suicide?
Try Lowe Dose Naltrexone or Gabapentin. It may be nerve damage, you may have a neuropathic condition.

I have the same problem. I'm trying LDN now.
no it´s atrophy from the steroid skin. The skin is not as thick as before and the healed scars (stretchmarks) become itchy and red and the skin burns.
i just wish there were something for the  pain...i don´t care that my **** looks damaged I just wanna be able to have an erection and mastrubate without pain...and be able to sleep on my stomach and put my jeans on without always preparing mentally for the pain.
I feel for you dude.  So is the pain caused by inflammation due to the skin being so thin and susceptible?  An anti-inflammatory diet may help, plus natural anti-inflammatory supplements like longvida curcumin (turmeric).   Here's a link to some more stuff:
http://blog.radiantlifecatalog.com/bid/55677/NSTEAD-of-NSAID-10-Inflammation-Fighting-Supplements

Sorry if this isn't helpful.  Just figured it's worth a shot
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15214906
I`m on tetralysal antibitoics since 3 weeks cause i got a major acne cyst in my face. But I swear this medication has done something with the pain and itch on my ****. The skin is as thin as before and I know I never will get my thick skin back but this medicatinon is abviously making the inflammation down there subside too! I guess this pain relief is only temporary cause I have to go off the meds sooner or later. Just had to tell you guys. I see no other correlation between this. The pain has subsided 50 percent. I guess it´s just temporary though. But I felt I should tell you.
I´m still thinking about trying protopic. I have tried so many creams and I have read a lot about this cream. The itch and burn is suppose to worsen first few days and then the cream will start working? I read some hate it others say it works wonder? Don´t know...
Any updates?? I got mine originally from tea tree oil but then steroids
ok guys...you really need to try tetralysal antibiotics. For the first time in 6 years i notice a relief. It seems like steroid atrophy acts similar to rosacea and those antibiotics are described for acne and rosacea. I found this study from India and why antibiotics can give people like me a relief. The only sad thing is that I assume this is no cure yet a relief during that time you take the antibiotics. I wanna be realistic here...it´s not a cure..but the best relief so far. The itch and burning sensation is down 50 percent.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3088930/

also read all this!

http://www.dermnetnz.org/topics/male-genital-dysaesthesia/
read!

the medicine is making me better and better...I´d say the pain is down 70 percent now....this is a ****** miracle..after six years in hell!!!  and no ****** doctor could tell me this...I found it by accident....i got a major cyst in my face and went to the doctor for acne medicine and got this antibiotics...first i thought i was just imagining getting better but then I google tetracyklin and cortisone atrohpy and suddenly i found the diagnos i have and what the problem is...it´s a nerve damage!!!   after 6 ****** years!!!!!  i was suicidal...this summer I was hospitalized in a psychiatric clinic cause i was ready to commit suicide...now i feel like i have my life back....i thought miracles just happend in movies...listen...the skin is still thinner and the atrophy caused by the cortisone will never return to norml...but i don´t give a **** about that..i just wanted to be painfree....i can´t believe this...I called my doctor and asked hos long I can take the meds he said 6 months...then i have to stop...don´t know if the pain will return...i have no idea but I don´t wanna think about it right now...I promise you all to come back here and tell you what will happen when i go off the meds ...can you believe this ****...by pure accident i got this meds...for something else and it worked for this as well....6 years I had this ****** hell...I feel i got my life back....I wanna be realistic and maybe it´s just gonna work during the time I take it...and maybe i will get the pain back then...but right now i´m just enjoying it...this meds can´t bring the skin back to normal and i will never be painfree 100 percent but this is good enough to want to live again...I haven´t had sex for 2 years now cause lost interest in sex due to the pain...now i´m thinking about getting a prostitute just to see if the sex will be good and painless and i could tell you guys haha....jesus christ this is a miracle!!!!!
the name of the diagnos is

MALE GENITAL DYSAESTHESIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AFTER 6 ****** YEARS I FOUND IT!!!!!
What is the cause of genital dysaesthesia?

The cause or causes of genital dysaesthesia are often difficult to pinpoint.
The sensations are due to overactive nerves in the affected skin.
Symptoms due to compression of nerve fibres on their pathway from the spinal cord may be similar, for example pudendal nerve entrapment. In this case other symptoms such as urinary symptoms or disorders of sexual function may occur.
Redness is caused by vascular hyper-reactivity, perhaps due to release of vascular activating substances from the nerve endings in the skin.
Redness may also arise as a consequence of long-term application of strong corticosteroid creams to genital tissue; on the face, this is called steroid rosacea.
Genital dysaesthesia may be a similar condition to erythromelalgia, a disorder in which there is burning and redness affecting the feet, or less frequently, the hands.
Doxycycline 50 mg tablets once or twice daily for 3 to 6 months to reduce redness; this tetracycline antibiotic is particularly effective if symptoms have been provoked by strong corticosteroid creams but it may also help burning and redness of unknown cause.
AFTER 6 ****** YEARS!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I promise to keep you updated...the pain is down 50 - 70 percent...some days around 50 others 70.. this most dramatic difference is the burning sensation...there is still itch from time to time but not like before. The skin is still thinner and therefor I guess it´s always gonna be a bit more sensitive than before. This medicine is not a cure for the atrophy it´s a cure for steroid induced rosacea and nerve damage caused by the cortisone. I don´t know how many of you in here who are just concerned about the atrophy itself. I have no good news there and i strongly believe once it occured it´s irreversible. What I´m saying is that for you who like me have got chronic PAIN from the cortisone. I urge you to try these antibiotics. I just want to make that clear so you don´t think I found a cure for the atrophy. But for someone like me this is a dramatic difference to get a pain relief of this degree. Maybe this will only help during the time I take the medicine and don´t know the answer to that and time will tell. But i think it´s amazing I found the diagnos. There is absolutely no hesitating that this is what happened to me. NERVE DAMAGE. I´m thinking about booking an appointment with a neurologist and discuss this and see if there are more treatments. WIll keep you updated.
so it seems the relief is still around 50 percent. I want to be cured and get it down 100 percent but i´m realistic and understand it won´t happen. But as I have said before...this is the only thing that has worked and you should try it if you´re in pain. I fear the pain will come back when i quit the meds though. I don´t know...feeling a bit less depressed at least...can´t believe that this thing that happened to me has stolen my life like this...if you´re in my situation I feel your pain.
the last two days have been difficult cause the pain is back again. Not like before but that amazing relief i have had for a week has subsided a bit. I don´t know why. Still taking the antibiotics though and still convinced i found the right diagnos. I don´t understand....

I´ve been reading other forums about penile dysasthesia and it seems like some people have had big relief from Lyrica.

"Ive had this exact problem for almost a year now. Im not sure what caused it, but it is extremely difficult to live with. Even a slight amount of rubbing against underwear hurts a lot. My doctor decided that it was likely nerve pain and prescribed me pregabalin. The relief I've gotten is amazing. But, the pain is still there sometimes, although its much reduced, and if I forget to take the pill on time, I can feel the pain coming on a few hours later. I've been on pregabalin for about three months. The doctor says that it should help the nerve heal, but I havent seen any improvements on the odd day or two where I forgot to take the pill on time. I'm going to request to see a specialist because I dont want to take a pill for the rest of my life. I hope this helps some of you. If anyone else has had success with another drug or treatment, please respond
"I have not been on this site for months. Sorry. My problem is almost entirely gone but I am on Lyrica, Cymbalta, and Oxycodone. All are for nerves. I have non length dependent small fibre neuropathy. It spreads fast and to almost everywhere on the body. I don't know if the sting in the head of my penis was a first symptom, which I believe is the case, or just a separate issue. In any case the meds for nerves has calmed it down to almost nothing. I first went to a dermatologist andwas told abrasion from rubbing on underwear. Then neuropathy by a three different urologist. Of course the neurologist insisted it was a urology problem until just recently. Get someone to prescribe meds for nerve pain and see if it helps. If it does it is a nerve problem. Good luck."
medicine is not working as good as before..don´t know why. Atleast I know what the problem is now and I will go see a nuorologist.
medicine is not working anymore...had amazing relief for a week and now back to normal pain...i guess I´m just a loser who don´t deserve to be happy. bye
:( really sorry to hear that
Anyone???
Dermal atrophy secondary to potent steroid use can be permanent. It is a good idea never to use potent steroid creams or ointments for more than 7 days at a time.

While mild atrophy and telangiectasia might be reversible upon  discontinuation of corticosteroids, overtly visible changes in skin  texture and striae are considered permanent manifestations of  corticosteroid-induced atrophy and are resistant to treatment.

The therapeutic effects of topical steroids can be negated by the  resulting thinning of the stratum corneum. Such thinning impairs its  barrier function and allows transepidermal water loss that can lead to  skin irritation.

Sometimes, the visible and textural changes to the skin are described  as looking like “cigarette paper.” The skin thins because of decreased  production of fibroblasts and abnormal deposition of collagen and  elastin. Loss of hyaluronic acid leads to decreased retention of dermal  moisture.

The structural changes and the signs and symptoms of chronologically  aged skin and those of corticosteroid induced chronic atrophy of the  skin are partially very similar. Thinning of epidermis and laxity as  well as dryness, purpura and echymoses occur in both conditions.  However, in chronologically aged skin striae are not observed, while in  corticosteroid atrophy premalignant or malignant tumours are seldom  observed.
my theory is that steroid atrophy and nerve pain go hand due to the fact that skins barrier is weakend and therefor more prone to pain. I have had this for 7 years now. There is no way in hell we can find something that will rethicken the skin. This **** is permanent. However surgery is one option and annother option is fat transplant injections.You can just google it and find lots of info about that. For the pain itself antidepressive medicine like cymbalta, lyrica or antiepileptic medications could work. Local lidocain will work wonders but just for an hour. Protopic and antibiotics could ease as well. Then creams to help the skin hold water.

But as far as it comes to find something magic that will thicken the skin again back to normal...I mean just give it up please...I still see this debates and conversations all over the internet in different forums like these.

My doctor said she will prescribe me all these meds and let me trial and error on myself to see if the pain will ease. So far I haven´t tried anything more than the antibiotics I told you about. I will try lyrica, cymbalta, protopic and everything else under the sun...2017 will be another year down here in hell due to the doctor that destroyed my life in 2010. If all this will lead me to suicide one day I will find him and kill myself in front of him. These doctors all over the world prescribing this **** should be tortured and beaten to death. My life will never be the same...Everyday I have pain, itch and burning sensation on my penis shaft skin. My sexlife is dead and all thoughts of sex is combined with thoughts of pain.

I often pray that I will die in my sleep
Abstract
BACKGROUND:
Topical corticosteroids decrease collagen synthesis during short-term treatment and can induce skin atrophy when applied over the long term. In contrast, short-term tacrolimus ointment therapy does not affect collagen synthesis.

OBJECTIVES:
Our aim was to evaluate the long-term effects of 0.1% tacrolimus ointment on collagen synthesis and on skin thickness in adults with moderate to severe atopic dermatitis (AD) and to compare the findings with the effects of conventional steroid-based therapy.

METHODS:
Fifty-six patients with AD were treated with 0.1% tacrolimus ointment in a 1-year, open-label, prospective clinical trial. Thirty-six patients with AD applied conventional steroid-based therapy and 27 healthy subjects were recruited as controls. The primary endpoint was the change in levels of procollagen propeptides I and III measured by radioimmunoassay between baseline and month 12. Additional endpoints included the change in skin thickness measured by ultrasound between baseline and month 12.

RESULTS:
Procollagen propeptide baseline values were significantly lower in the group to be treated with tacrolimus ointment than in healthy controls. One-year treatment with tacrolimus ointment was associated with an increase in collagen synthesis; the median increase in combined procollagen propeptide levels was 272 micro g L-1 (+ 140.9%, P < 0.001) and was accompanied by a significant increase in skin thickness. In three patients with visible skin atrophy, this condition ameliorated. Corticosteroid-based therapy had no significant effect on collagen synthesis; the median increase in combined procollagen propeptide levels was 11 micro g L-1 (+ 3.9%). A significant reduction in skin thickness was demonstrated.

CONCLUSIONS:
Long-term tacrolimus ointment therapy in patients with AD is nonatrophogenic and reverses corticosteroid-induced skin atrophy.
Abstract
BACKGROUND:
One of the important and distressing cutaneous side effects of steroid therapy is skin atrophy, which has no definite and effective treatment. To the best of our knowledge, laser therapy for steroid-induced atrophic scars has not been investigated to date.

OBJECTIVE:
The aim of this study was to evaluate the efficacy and safety of pulsed dye laser in the treatment of steroid-induced atrophic scars.

METHODS:
In this pilot study, 15 patients with at least one atrophic patch were treated with the 585-nm pulsed dye laser at 4-week interval sessions until achieving complete improvement or until patient were lost to follow-up. Clinical outcome was assessed via standard photographic method before each treatment session and after the final visit. An independent dermatologist evaluated the photographs.

RESULT:
All of the patients (13 females and two males) with 25-59 years of age experienced some degree of improvement, except one patient who withdrew from the treatment after three sessions. The treatment was well tolerated.

CONCLUSION:
The results of our study indicated that pulsed dye laser therapy could be employed as a new method in the treatment of steroid-induced atrophic scars. Pulsed dye laser might affect the lesions through inducing collagen deposition and production of more superficial dermal elastin as well as less unidirectional collagen in clusters.
http://journals.lww.com/dermatologicsurgery/Citation/2016/11000/Therapeutic_Use_of_Hyaluronic_Acid_Fillers_in_the.16.aspx
ok so I quit the antibiotics since it doesn´t help me anymore...I don´t understand why it helped and then stopped working. But now I just put on protopic for the first time 5 minutes ago. So let´s see what happens. I think I´m gonna book a meeting with a plastic surgeon to discuss what fillers or fat transplant or skin graft can do. If it´s even possible at all. I read a lot about people who got fat transplants for steroid induced atrophy from injections and some have good results. Don´t know if this can be done on my penis shaft skin though. Today the itch was hell and it feels like ants are biting me and the burning sensation. When I look closely i see shiny striae stretchmarks going reddish and irritated. There is nothing I can do about it..I stopped moisterizing creams all together..there is simply no point anymore...the skin will never heal on it´s own.never ever.
does anyone know if there are more longterm working numbing creams like lidokaine on the market. I think the only way to cope with this nightmare is just using numbing cream for ever and maybe bring it with you and put it on several times day. When it comes to rethicken the skin it seems like doctors only say one thing works and that is retinol. But retinol will sting bad and there is no guarantee it´ll work. I can´t have that **** on my **** everyday it hurts a lot due to the peeling effect. Lidokaine is the only thing that takes the pain away but it´s so short time. I wonder if I can accept what has happend to me and live my life anyway. I just think it´s so sad i have lost interest in sex. I have problems keeping an erection cause i believe it will hurt when a girl touches me...Therefor I can´t perform like before. My confidence is zero. When i think about sex i associate it with pain. I guess however it´s time to give up now after 7 years and accept it or commit suicide.
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/09/130924122451.htm
http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.3109/14764172.2015.1114639
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/7576658_Treatment_of_Local_Persistent_Cutaneous_Atrophy_Following_Corticosteroid_Injection_with_Normal_Saline_Infiltration
http://www.plasticsurgerypractice.com/2013/09/study-supports-use-of-autologous-fat-grafting-for-hard-to-treat-scars/
so I´ve tried protopic and lyrica and no effect. I will see a plastic surgeon and discuss my problem. Sometimes I wanna take a knife and cut out the skin myself.
tried everyting now and there is no cure

goodbye
Hey man, don't give up! I personally want you to find peace in this lifetime. It doesn't involve self-surgery either...

What you will need to do is begin compiling all your research, penis pictures and a thorough account of doctors visits, attempted therapies and symptoms over time.

Then, we will need to look for an online forum that allows for the posting of this type of information. There are legit forums these days where you can upload your whole medical history and multiple professionals can look at it and collaborate. Start looking for the best ones!
We can't have you dying on us just yet...

So hang in there a little longer!