Rosacea medicines?

This discussion is related to Facial bumps.

Hello, I have rosacea around nose area and lately, I believe it also to have appeared rather extensively on my chest, but can't tell whether it might be some rash?

I was prescribed Finacea and didn't help.  Another dermatologist prescribed Cleana but havent used it as I never heard about it and the Internet didn't produce any users reviews.  I heard about Metrocream but for some reason this dermatologist didn't prescribe it.

Would anyone know if and where in the Internet there are any users' opinions on these creams?  Thanks so very much!      Rosedal

Doctors usually prescribe a topical antibiotic, such as metronidazole, that is applied directly to the affected skin.

For people with more severe cases, doctors often prescribe an oral (taken by mouth) antibiotic. Tetracycline, minocycline, erythromycin, and doxycycline are the most common antibiotics used to treat rosacea. Some people respond quickly, while others require long-term therapy.

Isotretinoin may be considered as a treatment option for all forms of severe or therapy-resistant rosacea.

Electrosurgery and laser surgery may be options to treat redness, enlarged blood vessels, and rhinophyma. In some patients, laser surgery may result in improved skin appearance with little scarring or damage. For patients with rhinophyma, several surgical methods may help reduce the size of the nose and improve appearance.

Sunscreens, particularly those that protect against ultraviolet A and B light waves and have a sun-protecting factor (SPF) of 13 or higher, are recommended for all people with rosacea.

It would be advisable to consult a skin specialist for this and then decide the cause and further plan of management.

Let us know if you need any other information.

Regards.