SKIN LUMP

i have a LUMP on my butt cheek. i don't think anyone would notice it except it's a bit RAISED. it has no special color; it's the SAME COLOR AS THE REST OF MY SKIN. it's a little bigger than the SIZE OF A QUARTER i guess, oval-shaped. i can feel that it has a DISTINCT EDGE. it feels HARD. it hurts a little if i press it, esp from the top (toward my head). it doesn't hurt so much from the bottom (toward my feet). it started at least a couple months ago but it was small back then. i just realized how big it was yesterday, so i don't know if it got to its current size slowly or suddenly. i've been using hot compresses on it today and it hasn't done anything.
Such kind of lump can be a swollen lymph node, sebaceous cyst or a benign skin growth. Lymphadenopathy (swollen lymph nodes) is usually caused by a viral or bacterial infection along with other numerous causes. Sebaceous cyst is below the surface of the skin that fills with a fatty white, semi-solid material called sebum produced by sebaceous glands of the epidermis.

I suggest you to get it examined from a dermatologist for these possibilities.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.