Scaly lesion on Penis.

Basically around the middle of last year i had a very mild case of Balanitis during which my penis head had the usual reddish rash and mild irritation. Because it was so mild however i didn't go to see a doctor and the balanitis or rash seemed to clear up. About two months ago though it seemed to re-occur, still mild, but i also noticed some small hard 'spots' on my foreskin that ran parallel to the frenulum and were just below the penis head.

I wasn't too concerned at first because i have quite a tight foreskin and thought that the skin might just have been dry or could have scarred slightly, and presumed that it would just clear up itself. Two months on though and the lesion has not cleared up, nor has it got bigger. As i said the lesion runs in a near straight line right next to the frenulum ligament? that connects the foreskin to the head, and is a little less than a centimetre in length. It feels hard and scaly, even sharp if you feel it from the side. Its raised a little from the skin, so that if you look at it from the side it looks like a miniature mountain range. At times the lesion looks white, but most of the time its just a slight grey colour. Sometimes even it is hard to identify it from the normal skin and the ridges seem 'filled in', but you can still feel the coarse/rough line.

There are no symptoms at all, no itching, pain, sensitivity, nothing. Sorry to have rambled on a bit but im getting quite worried and would really welcome any advice as to what it could be. I'm going to see a doctor in the next week but just thought i'd see if i could get any help on here.      Thanks.

This may be fibrous tissue or thickened skin that is secondray from the infection or inflammation that ocurred in the area. You need not worry about this .Other diferentials may be psoriasis but the patch is not reddish or scaly. Also lichen planus may be a differential  but this is usually itchy. You have not mentioned of any itchiness or pain.
Thanks for the reply. A bit of an update though..............The white spots/tissue now seems to spreading, and some has formed actually on my frenulum. The part on the frenulum just looks like a small white spot, and again its hard. There is actually sensitivity and a bit of itching now where this has occured, it kinda feels like the frenulum is tightening. Could this be genital warts even though i am a virgin?

Thanks..

This does not sound like genital warts. The presence of itchiness may suggest that this could be fungal in origin. This may be a case of balanitis. Wash the area very well especially the area under the foreskin. Use warm water and a mild cleanser to clean the area. Observe if the small spots continue to increase in size and if itchiness or a tingling , burning sensation continues to persist. You may need to apply topical medications if the itchiness continues.

As for genital warts, this is not the case. Unless, you have warts on your fingers or if you had direct exposure to the virus, then you may spread this to other parts of your body.
Hi, I was just looking at this thread, and what you described is exactly the same thing i have going on. I was curious if you ever figured out what it was. I went to the doctor, and they didn't seem to be sure about it. I have been applying Lamasil, as suggested by doctor, but no luck after a week.