Scratching moles, warts.

Hello.

I have two moles on my chest since I was very little, they have always irritated me and caused me to do some reading up on the subject to find out if I can remove them using some kind of home remedy.

A friend of mine recommended a book that he says helped him. Basically the book has a solution to removing moles and warts by scratching them with a sterilized needle then scratching them some more with an emery board. After which you apply a paste of castor oil and baking soda.

I’ve read that scratching moles isn’t dangerous as long as they aren’t cancerous. But I still would like to make sure. So does anyone know if there is some risk to scratching moles.

Thanks in advance.

'Many "home remedies" also claim to remove moles from the skin. One such method involves apple cider vinegar concentrated directly on the mole burning it off the skin. Another method uses crushed garlic to burn the mole. None of these methods have been "certified" or accepted by conventional doctors.'

'While laser treatment is commonly offered and may require several appointments, other dermatologists think lasers are not the best method for removing moles because the laser only cauterizes or, in certain cases, removes very superficial levels of skin. Moles tend to go deeper into the skin than non-invasive lasers can penetrate. After a laser treatment a scab is formed, which falls off about seven days later, in contrast to surgery, where the wound has to be sutured.

For surgery, many dermatologic and plastic surgeons first use a freezing solution, usually liquid nitrogen, on a raised mole and then shave it away with a scalpel. If the surgeon opts for the shaving method, he or she usually also cauterizes the stump. Because a circle is difficult to close with stitches, the incision is usually elliptical or eye-shaped.

Electrocautery is also used for removing skin tags and only reaches the outermost level of skin so that scarring is not a problem.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mole_(skin_marking)

Let us know if you need any other information and post us about how you are doing.

Post us about what your skin specialist advises.

Regards.
Using emery boards and sterile needles is not recommended for warts or for moles. There are OTC agents available for wart removal which require weeks before any improvement can be observed.

Common mole hair removal procedures include plucking, cosmetic waxing, electrolysis, threading and cauterization.

Many "home remedies" also claim to remove moles from the skin. One such method involves apple cider vinegar concentrated directly on the mole burning it off the skin. Another method uses crushed garlic to burn the mole. While none of these methods have been "certified" or accepted by conventional doctors, many people around the globe stand by their success.

I would not recommend any such procedure because if it causes an untoward reaction you will anyway have to get it treated by a professional, instead of which you can go in for an accepted method when you can afford it.

In the meanwhile you are advised to keep a watch for any changes in the color, shape, size and border of the mole.
Also if it  begins to crust over, bleed, itch, or becomes inflamed then it is a must to get it examined.
ref:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melanocytic_nevus