Seborrheic Dermatitis

hi 28 year old male i have Seborrheic Dermatitis however lupus has not bean ruled out i have negative ana test but have had lots of systoms anyway just wanted to know does Seborrheic Dermatitis cause white spots they appear on my Shoulders I also get a load of red spots on my back and Shoulders ive also bean getting a shaking in my right arm for the past couple of days
Seborrheic dermatitis is a common skin condition that causes flaky,dry, white to yellowish scales to form on oily areas esp under the nose or anywhere on face. People with seborrheic dermatitis produce too much sebum (the natural skin oil). Later, pityrosporum yeast grows excessively in the sebum, sometime along with bacteria, making the dermatitis more persistent.
Apart from this, these white patches can be due to pityriasis versicolor or vitiligo.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thanks for the reply im booked in again but it months away my backs a bit of a mess at the moment i do want to get these checked out my arms stop shaking but the white marks keep coming and going they stay in the same area and attend to be more in the mourning i get them on my knuckles as well they tend to appear when im outside but my best option is just to get them checked out

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community