Seborrheic Dermatitis

I was diagnosed by my dermatologist as having Seborrheic Dermatitis however all medications that I have tried have not been working so my doctor has precribed quite a strong medication called Azapress (a generic medication for Imuran). Thus, my questions are as follows:
1. Will this disease ever go away?
2. What is the success rate for this medication to deal with Seborrheic Dermatitis and what are other options?
K  
Were you diagnosed as psoriasis or seborrheic?The earlier condition this drug is used more commonly,and or the later I am at a loss to rationalize.
It was defintely seborrheic however the "usual" medication for this (i.e. creams, cortozones etc) did not help much, whoch is wqhy I have been put on the new medication

I have been getting electrolysis on my face and have recently been diagnosed with seborrheic dermatitis. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if the Seborrheic dermatitis may have been caused by the damaging of the hair follicles. I have very mild seb derm but it flares up about four days after an electrolysis session on my face.

Any help would be appreciated.
I was diagnosed with haveing the same dermatitis a few years ago.. NOTHING helped it go away- all creams the Dr prescribed... I found this stuff on the internet called dermafree... I fugured what the hell do I have to lose... I tried it and amazingly it worked- cleared it up in about 2 weeks and has not come back since. I would def try that.. it was about $20.00 from what I can remember....  
I was diagnosed by my doctor as having seb-derm in the middle of my chest area where its quiet hairy.  I believe its something that will keep coming back for most people.  The doc gave me a mild coal tar ointment which controls it well, its called "coco-scalp" here in New Zealand, and contains "Coal Tar Solution BP 12%, Salicylic Acid 2%".  But I'm guessing that my case is less severe than yours.

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community