Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Seborrheic Dermatitis

I was diagnosed by my dermatologist as having Seborrheic Dermatitis however all medications that I have tried have not been working so my doctor has precribed quite a strong medication called Azapress (a generic medication for Imuran). Thus, my questions are as follows:
1. Will this disease ever go away?
2. What is the success rate for this medication to deal with Seborrheic Dermatitis and what are other options?
Thanks
K  
5 Responses
Were you diagnosed as psoriasis or seborrheic?The earlier condition this drug is used more commonly,and or the later I am at a loss to rationalize.
It was defintely seborrheic however the "usual" medication for this (i.e. creams, cortozones etc) did not help much, whoch is wqhy I have been put on the new medication
Hi,

I have been getting electrolysis on my face and have recently been diagnosed with seborrheic dermatitis. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if the Seborrheic dermatitis may have been caused by the damaging of the hair follicles. I have very mild seb derm but it flares up about four days after an electrolysis session on my face.

Any help would be appreciated.
I was diagnosed with haveing the same dermatitis a few years ago.. NOTHING helped it go away- all creams the Dr prescribed... I found this stuff on the internet called dermafree... I fugured what the hell do I have to lose... I tried it and amazingly it worked- cleared it up in about 2 weeks and has not come back since. I would def try that.. it was about $20.00 from what I can remember....  
I was diagnosed by my doctor as having seb-derm in the middle of my chest area where its quiet hairy.  I believe its something that will keep coming back for most people.  The doc gave me a mild coal tar ointment which controls it well, its called "coco-scalp" here in New Zealand, and contains "Coal Tar Solution BP 12%, Salicylic Acid 2%".  But I'm guessing that my case is less severe than yours.
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community

Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions