Dermatology Community
53.6k Members
Avatar universal

Sensitive Skin

I have, for many many years, experianced extremely sensitive skin patches.
These patches vary in size from 4" sq. to my whole thigh.  They seem to
come at any time and not for some time.  I get them on my head as well.
They have a little heat to them and will last from hours to days.
Can you shed some light on this subject, I know lots of people that would
like to have some relief if possible.  

This discussion is related to I suddenly developed a localized hyper-sensitive patch of skin with....
1 Responses
563773 tn?1374250139
It is difficult confirming a diagnosis without examination but it can be sweat dermatitis, rash due to friction rub with clothes, contact dermatitis, heat rash or hives. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. Also wear cotton clothes. Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful. If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a dermatologist

I hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing or in case you have additional queries. Kind regards.

Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions