54k Members

Severe Seborrheic Dermatitis

Hi, I have a question regarding my scalp, back and upper chest.
I want to know what I am supposed to do with my severe discomfort I am experiencing at the moment even after consulting several dermatologists.
Below some information about it:
It all started about a year and a half ago with my scalp.
I started getting hair loss, my hair became VERY oily and hard to wash(I had to and still have to use shampoo 3-4 times after not showering for 2-3 days), fatigued, itchy skin
blood discharge, crust, dandruff and even puss at times and it all started to cause A LOT of discomfort to the point where I could not sleep like before anymore,
made normal things like going out to do the groceries a huge plight and I even felt like it started affecting my mental health in ways I can not express.
I went ahead and did some research on my own before going out of my way to consult a doctor and figured out I had to shave my scalp in order to figure out what it was
(a lot of negative experiences with ''doctors'' down here if you know what I mean). I came to the conclusion that it must be Seborrheic Dermatitis/eczema/cradle crap, because not only are the symptoms the same but the red and oily areas looked exactly like in the pictures.
So I went to a doctor after a while of unfortunate negligence on my part( HUGE waiting lists/school/work etc.) and he gave me a prescription that I had to give my pharmacist so he could mix a skin cream/suspension for me.
The cream did not work, it in fact made it worse and was a huge let down. So I again did my own homework and figured out that Ketoconazole shampoos might work.
And it did but after 6 months up until now the effectiveness has gone down and the promise of the shampoo to make it all get to a point where I would have to use the shampoo
only once a week, was not kept in my case.
So I went to another dermatologist yesterday and he told me Ketoconazole is the only thing he could come up with as well and said I could not get it prescribed even after telling
him that I have severe discomfort...... He gave me a prescription for my upper chest and back though. He prescribed me a 10mg/g solution of Erythromycin and a 5% Wash suspension of Benzoyl peroxide,
since he said I had acne. As far as I am concerned it might be Seborrheic Eczema/ dermatitis/cradle crap but I have to wait and see for myself if it works out for my chest and back.

I really do not know what to do right now, I just know that I still have all the symptoms of Seborrheic Dermatitis and nothing has become better. My scalp is really becoming a plight.
I hope that you can help me.

Sorry for the wall of text thought xD.