Skin Bumps

Thanks Kindd!

I also have another question that affects my 11 y/o daughter and has since birth. She has these little pimple like bumps all over her arms, legs, face and back. We just call them skin bumps and she is used to them. I have tried treating them with Eucerin creams as her pediatrician recommended and with several other OTC creams such as hydrocortisone creams. Nothing seems to work. The bumps as I said do look like pimples, they are small and pretty much do not vary in size. If you squeeze them a small hard white head will come out. They are very itchy and I spend almost every night lightly scratching them for her just to ease some of her discomfort. They do not appear to be contagious as I have not gotten them even after scratching them for the last 11 years. Would like to be able to get rid of them for her though. Any suggestions??

Well without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but various possibilities are there for your daughter’s symptoms.First is of flat warts.Also called plane juvenile warts,they are benign tumors of the epidermis and usually occur in children. Flat warts are about the size of a pinhead and usually appear on the face, but can also appear on arms, knees, or hands.Other possibility is of eczema. It is a form of chronic dermatitis (rash).Allergic reaction is one of the important causes of eczema. Allergic reaction can occur to strong soaps, certain foods, plants, metals, cosmetics, dust mites etc.

I think that you should get it evaluated from a dermatologist as treatment modalities for both are different.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted in case you have any additional queries.Kind regards.