Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dermatology Community
53.6k Members

Skin Condition

Hey guys, I have a question on something that has been bothering me for some time now:

In 2013, I was on my second deployment to Afghanistan and halfway through the deployment the back of my head and neck started tingling and itching. I dismissed this for the entire deployment and ignored it at the time, as there were bigger to fish to fry at that point. The itch would best be described as a fiberglass itch (tingling and hot) with nothing visible on the skin at the time. When I got back stateside, it stayed pretty much the same for the next two years. Just the back of my head and neck. Eventually though, small bumps began to appear. They were not grouped together or anything or even overly noticeable. Usually one small bump that itched like crazy in different spots on the back of my head and neck. Fast forward to about 4 months ago. The bumps and tingly itching has made its way down my left arm. I have tried to get the VA to check it out, but they never seem to really pay any attention to it and I always either get a "We don't know" or less. It's very frustrating and the fact that it is spreading is starting to worry me. HELP!?
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions