Skin Pigmentation

Hello sir,
   I am Dr. Prema , a Gynecologist from karnataka, INDIA. I am 55years old & attained menopause 4 years ago. I started getting irregular pigmentation on face & neck since then. And it is increasing gradually. My skin type is dryone. I use lots of moisturisers, petrolium jelly, sunscreens having SPF. I had chemical peeling with neostrata with no benifits.
    I also used kosic acid for 3 months with no response. Now i am applying Hydroquinone 2% with Tretinoin .o25% & mometasone furoate 0.1% w/w since 2months. I noticed slight improvement initially & agian now it is worsening.
    I know it is due to estrogen defeciency. I do not want to use estrogen because of side effect(ie breast malignancy) & i do not want to go all those screening test ie endo cytology& mamography
    I am told to use exfoliaters & hydroquenone 4% & retinon 2%. I am loosing hope.
   Kindly advise me about how to take care of my skin & what to use in detail to reduce my pigmentation. I am not going out in sun & i use AC car.
   Hope I get the advice as soon as possible.
There are many possibilities for your symptoms chief ones being solar lentigo, lentigenes or melasma. Melasma is caused by hormonal changes, which stimulate a temporary increase in your body's production of melanin. People with darker complexions are more prone to this condition than people with lighter skin.

Treatment options include treatment with vitamin C and hydrocortisone, peel with carbon dioxide snow and alexandrite and ND-Yag Q-Switched laser treatment preceded by a hydroquinone-based application. Please discuss these options with your dermatologist.

Lentigo is a small, sharply circumscribed, pigmented macule surrounded by normal-appearing skin.
You cannot remove them at home.Cryosurgery using liquid nitrogen and laser are the main treatment modalities.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.