Skin Problems on Stomach

I've had these weird marks on my stomach for awhile. They weren't serious, they were very small in numbers. For about a week now, the number of marks have increased dramatically, I'm not sure what it is. I almost never apply lotion to my stomach but is this a sign of dry skin? I have some pictures, the pictures are of my right side stomach, note: I am slightly overweight as said by my doctor. The pictures may be disturbing.

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/1975/036c0.jpg

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/3127/038rk.jpg
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Any help?
Helpful - 0
I still need help
Helpful - 0
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be contact dermatitis, allergies, heat rash or pityriasis rosea. It mainly effects the abdomen and s characterized by the appearance of diffuse redness (erythema) associated with a very slight scaling (fall tiny shreds of skin).

Topical and oral steroids are needed. Water, sweat, and soap may cause irritation and should be avoided in the disease. Topical zinc oxide and calamine lotion are useful for pruritus.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Helpful - 0
I have this bump on my stomach about the size of tennis ball.  It doesn't hurt but unconfortable.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community