Dermatology Community
53.6k Members
Avatar universal

Skin Rash, possible yeast

I have a rash on my chest between my breasts and also traveling down my stomach and now beginning on the creases of my legs.  I have had the rash on and off for the past 20 years.  When it "flares" up, it becomes very itchy, patchy and scaley.  It does not leak fluids.  I have used cortisone, steroids, calamine and anti-histamines and nothing works, rather often make it worse.  When I spent time tanning this summer it got better, but the areas were the patches were did not tan.  I was researching it and came across information regarding skin yeast infections.  I am a chronic sufferer of vaginal yeast infections, could this be related?
1 Responses
563773 tn?1374250139
Although from the symptoms it looks like eczema but the possibility of fungal infection also needs to be ruled out from your symptoms. For specific antimicrobial prescription, you need to consult your doctor and get culture sensitivity, KOh examination and biopsy of the skin scrapings done. In case the symptoms persist then please consult a urologist for evaluation.

If the symptoms persist then please get it examined from a dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions