Avatar universal

Skin Rash

I'm female, 13 yrs old and i have had this rash for monthes now. At first I tried my mom's face cream.(olay regenerist microsculpting cream) and I was allergic so I had this huge bumpy red rash, that was crusty and swollen. Only on one side of my cheek. It was swollen so much that i looked like a half sumo wrestler. My lymph nodes were also swollen. So i went the doctor. They gave my antibiotics, allergy cream, and allergy pills. When both the pills were finished my rash wasn't really gone. i still have faint itchy bumps scattered on my cheek, it's noticibly red compared to the rest of my face and i have this really scally dry patch about the size of a dime. I'm still using the allergy cream but it's not getting better or worse. i have been just using vasaline and the rash cream, but the bumps and redness aren't disapearing. I don't know what to do. Help.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Avatar universal
You need to go back and see your doctor, you may need more treatment
Helpful - 0
Avatar universal
my daughter is 16 and this rash started as little itchy bumps scattered on lower back. now its crawling up back and around side .looks like chicken poxs but its not . its like one little itchy bump turns into a patch. theres no circle or anything just randomly around
Helpful - 0
563773 tn?1374246539
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it sounds like irritant contact dermatitis. Irritant dermatitis, the most common type of contact dermatitis, involves inflammation resulting from contact with acids, alkaline materials such as soaps and detergents, cosmetics, or other chemicals.

Avoid using any lotions and creams over the face for the meantime. Wash your face with a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Pat your face dry. Then apply a good hypoallergenic moisturizer over the area and see if this improves. If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort.

If the irritation persists then please get it evaluated from a dermatologist. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community

Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions