Skin Rash

I am 73 yrs old and was diagnosed with stage 3 kidney disease last yr. I have recently developed a severe rash over my legs and arms. It might not be related to my condition, but a heat rash, as I live in Las Vegas and am constantly in the sun. I have lived her for over 40yrs and never experienced it before. Recently I stayed  indoors for about 4 d ays and it eased off, but when I had to out yesterday it came back. I have been using chalomine lotion on it which helps a bit and also hydrocortisone. I enjoy the outdoors and hope the heat is not going to end up a problem but I would rather have this than the alternative of it being a factor of the kidney disease  
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
A rash can be a sign of the kidney disease.  I would have it looked at by a doctor.
Helpful - 0
On anovulatory cysts, the ovaries make more androgens than normal. Androgens are male hormones that females also make. High levels of these hormones affect the development and release of eggs during ovulation.
Other than that there is an increase in LH (leutinizing hormone), total testosterone and free testosterone and maybe an increase in prolactin levels and decrease in estrogen levels.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Helpful - 0
Sorry replied to another query earlier.

It can be due to sweat dermatitis. The main treatment for sweat dermatitis is prevention. The best thing to consider is to prevent that portion of the body from sweating like by wearing light and cotton clothes,taking cool refreshing baths,maintaining the temperature in your homes and cars and avoiding strenuous activities.

If however sweat dermatitis occurs,then pls apply mild corticosteroid creams like dermacort or hydrocortisone or calamine lotion on the rashes. Another treatment option is the use of ultraviolet light or sunlamps under the guidance of a dermatologist.

Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community