Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dermatology Community
53.6k Members

Skin Rash

I don't have air conditioning in my car so my left arm gets a lot of sun. I noticed a few bumps around my elbow and made sure that I was applying sun block every day to my arm. I had to go in to see the doctor about severe pain in my abdomen and they drew blood and took a urine sample. He thought that I had a kidney stone because they found blood in my urine. I never passed a stone though (it's been two weeks) and I can't afford to have an MRI done. I now have a very painful/itchy rash on my left arm and hand. They are very small bumps - two large 'groupings' and some other just off by themselves. They are scaley and some of them have a lighter top. In the worst places, a clear liquid comes out of them. I don't usually get any rashes. I'm pretty sure that I haven't even ever had poison ivy so I'm bothered by it. Somtimes my arm also just starts hurting around my elbow like muscle pain. I don't know if the abdomen pain and rash on my arm have anything in common. What do you think this is?
1 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi

Blood in the urine may be due to several factors. Strenuous exercises prior to obtaining a urine sample may lead to hematuria or blood in the urine. Urinary tract infections, urinary tract stones, and kidney inflammation may cause hematuria. Kidney problems may also present as skin conditions, thus, it is necessary to rule this out.

As for the skin rash, this may be a case of contact or allergic dermatitis. You may need to have this assessed by a dermatologist. Topical corticosteroids such as 1% hydrocortisone may be applied thinly on the affected area for 3 days. If no response or if the skin condition worsened, then you  may need to have this assessed by your doctor.

Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions