Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dermatology Community
53.6k Members

Skin Rashes

I have an 2year little boy. I was noticing on his back and stomach there are little fine bumps. I tied some lotions on his body just as johnson n johnson but that made it worst. I am currently trying Aveeo lotion with oatmeal it seems to work. But as soon as I miss a day without putting it on the bumps come back. My next is taking him to an skin dr. If you have an suggestions feel free to contact me.
Thanks
1 Responses
563773 tn?1374250139
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,
It is not clear whether the spots are raised or flat. However the possibilities of pityriasis veriscolor, vitiligo, folliculitis, molluscum contagiosum, heat rash and viral infections( if they are itchy) need to be ruled out. Molluscum contagiosum is a common, benign, self limiting viral infection of the skin. It generally affects children and typically occurs in the 2-5 age group. Folliculitis starts when hair follicles are damaged by friction from clothing or blockage of the follicle. In most cases of folliculitis, the damaged follicles are then infected with the bacteria Staphylococcus (staph).

I suggest you to consult a dermatologist and get it evaluated.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Have an Answer?
Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions