Dermatology Forum

Skin Tags

COULD YOU PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO GET RID OF SKIN TAGS AROUND MY NECK AREA I SEEM TO BE A BREEDING GROUND FOR THEM I'VE TRIED CUTTING THEM OFF BUT I STILL KEEP GETTING THEM BACK.IS THERE AN OINTMENT OR A ACID THAT I CAN APPLY TO CHANGE MY CHEMISTRY SO THESE DON'T KEEP BREEDING AROUND MY NECK AND UNDER ARMS PLEASE HELP THANKS PAUL
Paul:

Nope, neither I nor anybody else can "change your chemistry."  People who get numbers of them usually have someone in the family who has or had them too. When you get enough skin tags to bother you, have a dermatologist burn them off all at once.  It's no big deal, and you won't have to do it more often than once every couple of years.

Best.

Dr. R
dont burn them....leaves a scar     freeze them or clip them
I had skin tags cut off several years ago, and they have returned. Is there now an easier way to have them removed?
ive had them burned off, and froze off, but yet they return in more numbers than before, and HOW embarrassing they are. Under the arms,between the legs, and who knows elsewhere. I wonder about the risk of cancer that so many can pose.
Jim:

It is annoying and embarrassing if your body keeps producing these things, but there is NO risk of cancer associated with them.

Dr. R
I've found Compound W will get rid of them sometimes.
ive got the same problem, but Ileft them alone, in ten years it hasnt got worse. maybe leaving them alone wouldkeep it at bay?
please help me determine if i have nits or dandruff
I have cut them off but they do bleed alot and that might scare you.
Paul,
I've tried everything including the high priced dermatologists who tell you its not important- won't kill you and is not worthy of consideration. There is an easy way to deal with skin tags (forget about the scissors route- too painful and won't remove the small ones). Get a toe nail clipper- the large one similar to the fingernail clipper only larger. ( Note: The leverage kind not the scissors kind). You can clip even small skin tags quickly with less pain, in less time and with less courage necessary. I figured this one out on my own when I found the doctor's too expensive and the scissors too painful. Use alcohol or something else to sterilize the clipper before use and take a shower right after. Most of the bleeding will stop shortly thereafter. If necessary apply presssure afterwards and put on a band-aid. Within 5 days there probably will be no evidence that you ever did anything unless you're a keloid former or scar easily. I think you will be very pleasantly surprised. Pass it on and good luck.
in reference to skin tag remove with a white pc. of thread, tie it as cloes to the body as possiable, and tie it in a knot leave it on for overnite or alittle longer, and they just dry up and fall off  no pain or sharp objects to deal with nor any bleeding, done it for years, not problems,
I have had skin tags under my eyes before
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions