Skin blotches

I have been getting dark blotches on my face, mostly on my cheeks and upper lip.  They are darker than my skin color and are not going away.  Not sure what they are, is it sun damage or something else.  The discoloration on my upper lip is what bothers me the most.  Please help!!
I'm not a doctor, but i get dark blotches on my face after an acne pimple has healed.  I use neutrogena post-acne mark peel, which makes a visible difference after one use.  The sun usually helps my spots, but I'm not sure if you're experiencing the same thing, so keep on using your sun block every day.  Hope the doc answers your question soon.
This hormone related and usually too much estrogen.
Mealsma is one of the commonest causes of hyperpigmentation of the face. Melasma is caused by hormonal changes, which stimulate a temporary increase in your body's production of melanin. People with darker complexions are more prone to this condition than people with lighter skin.

Treatment options include treatment with vitamin C and hydrocortisone, peel with carbon dioxide snow and alexandrite and ND-Yag Q-Switched laser treatment preceded by a hydroquinone-based application. Please discuss these options with your dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.