Skin condition help

i have a change in skin color located beside my nose.. my skin color around the nose is brown but now it has changed to a very light shade of brown. it was oily but now its dry. i would love to take a picture and post it to show you but i dont know how to. hopefully this is a remedy for my problem. thanks
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
by the way its getting bigger
Helpful - 0
It can be due to dermatitis skin, seborrheic dermatitis or due to fungal infections like pityriasis alba. Pityriasis alba is a common skin condition usually seen as dry, fine-scaled, pale patches on the face.

No treatment is required and the patches in time will settle in due course of time. The redness, scale and itch if present may be managed with simple emollients and sometimes hydrocortisone, a weak steroid, is also used. Severe cases may require PUVA therapy.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community