Small Blisters on Feet & Hands - Home Remedy!

Listen up, fellow sufferers:  PEPSODENT TOOTHPASTE.

I've used it on blemishes for years, works within hours.  No other toothpaste will do, so don't try what you already have in your cabinet if it's not Pepsodent.

Not sure why doctors keep recommending cortisone for little blisters on fingers and feet ... when all the posts confirm that cortisone doesn't work.  I had the blisters on my fingers for most of my life, was told they are due to hormones, and they have pretty much stopped.  However, a few years ago I suddenly started with blisters all over one foot.  In my case, the tiny foot blisters are only exacerbated by the use of cortisone cream.  I was swabbing my foot in Peroxide for a long time, and that offered some real relief, but the little suckers keep showing up on a different part of the foot.  Sort of running from the Peroxide.

Last night I was putting Pepsodent on a blemish (it is Summer, after all), and thought, "Heeeeeyy."  Spread my foot with Pepsodent, let it dry for a few minutes and went to bed.  Woke without a new blister, the Pepsodent rinsed off easily in the shower--I did not reapply because it's a little white and chalky looking and it's sandal season--and have gone all day without an episode.  Am so enthused I will daub my foot again tonight.

Recommend you try it!

This discussion is related to small, subdermal 'blisters'.

My name is Brittany. And I may have the same or a similar skin problem involving the hands, fingers, and feet bumps. Ever since I was 9 or 10 I would get these little tiny red bumps on my hands and feet, first it would only be like 1 or 2 bumps, then they would start to itch and then they would spread. I get these on both hands and feet. I am now 19 and I still have them to this day, right now even.

Its gotten worse over the years, and I ONLY get them in the summer and they go away in the fall. Which is really bizarre. I really need to know what its called, and get a cure for it I'm so sick of these bumps! Its made me to where I've almost put my hands and feet into boiling hot water.

I used about everything that came to mind, Neosporin, Alcohol, Peroxide, Cortisone, and Lotrimin. None of them helped, excepted for the Peroxide it helped with the itching but that was pretty much it, the symptoms keep coming back.

So, today I came on this board reading your story about what you get on your hands and feet, it kind of seems like the same thing or similar to what I have. And I happen to use Pepsodent! So, I ran to my bag and grabbed my toothpaste then went into the bathroom. I spread some of it on my hands and fingers. It immediately stopped the itching and after maybe about 5 mins or less I washed it off. Now, I don't expect it to work immediately and get rid of the bumps but yeah.

Has your bumps went away ever since then?
Please email me back at ***@****
It would be a great help, I appreciate it! Thanks.
Please be so kind and let me know if your bisters is gone or do they come back if you dont use Pepsodent for a while? ***@****.

(by the way, this system blocks your email addresses, so I hope you get my answer here)

To answer both of you, YES, the Pepsodent cleared it up!  My case was drastic, having gone on for nearly 4 years, with daily breakouts and painful healing times.

Soon after posting the Pepsodent toothpaste comment, I kept applying it to my entire foot (even unaffected areas, all the way to the ankle) before bed, letting it dry, then sleeping all night with it on my foot.  (Brittany, you don't need to rinse it off after 5 minutes ... the worst that could happen is your foot or hand would smell minty-fresh.  You can put a cotton sock on your foot or hand after the Pepsodent dries.)

It took about a week, but after years of itching, burning, peeling and one embarassing looking foot, I'm back to "normal," with absolutely no recurrence after over a month.  I'm very excited.  Try it and let me know if you have similar success.   GOOD LUCK!!
I live in the UK and suffered from this for 18 years started when I was 16 and right now as i type I have them on my middle finger on my left hand and thumb on my right hand, And although Pepsodent is something that may not be available here but Baking soda type tooth pastes are, I will go and get some ARM & Hammer toothpaste today and see if it works and will keep you posted,
Please can you list the ingredients listed on the toothpaste so I can do some more tests :)
Yes, I'll be happy to post the ingredients of Pepsodent for you.  I'm at work now, so will have to do it from home tonight.  Meanwhile, why don't you check amazon-dot-com or some other site, so that you can purchase the real Pepsodent? (I just checked, it's on there ... and I've bought things from the UK plenty of times through that site.)  The issue with Pepsodent is it's the ONLY toothpaste that will do the trick ... a magic potion, for sure ... so I have doubts another type of toothpaste will do.  It certainly has cured my foot blisters that I worried over for about 5 years.  GONE.  ALL OF THEM.  (Occasionally, the blisters will knock at the door, with a slight swelling and redness in an area --- I just slather the spot with Pepsodent and it's gone in an hour, just like a blemish.)  My feet are pretty enough for jazzy nail polish again!  I'll be in touch tonight.
PEPSODENT INGREDIENTS:

Again, the combined ingredients in Pepsodent are what works ... I wonder if some of it has to do with the paste's ability to smother the skin (Formaldehyde?  Really?!).  In any event, here is the ingredient list from the tube:
------
Calcium Carbonate, Hydrated Silicone Dioxide Precipitated, Sorbitol, Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, Sodium Carboxy Methyl Cellulose, SMFP, Saccharine, Trisodium Phosphate, Titanium Dioxide, CaGP, Formaldehyde, Flavour, Water, Contains Flouride.
-------
Hi, I am also a sufferer of these tiny blisters all over my hands and feet.

i would like to know if the pepsodent is a specific type, like on amazon i see about 3 different ones: anticavity, complete care enamel, and some with different packaging, could you let me know exactly which toothpaste is the one you use?

thank you so much for your input and letting us all know of a solution.
Pepsodent Toothpaste Regular, 6 Oz
by CHURCH & DWIGHT $1.16

http://www.amazon.com/Pepsodent-Toothpaste-Regular-6-Oz/dp/B000R1A0RA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1258379116&sr=8-2

Please let me know if it works for you!
If you use the Pepsodent toothpaste, BE CAREFUL when stepping into the shower.  It is recommended that you rinse your feet first, by sitting on the side of the tub.  The toothpaste will make your feet VERY SLIPPERY, so please take cautionary measures.

Also (don't fight it, it's the real, healing deal), most nurses or physicians will encourage you to urinate on your feet.  Please do.  Urine is a natural antiseptic and can be helpful with this particular foot issue, as well as certain athletes foot problems.  Rinse off the Pepsodent, urinate down your leg and rub your affected foot in as much of the urine as you can get on there.  The open blisters and distressed skin will actually sting a little ... this is a good thing.  Give it a moment to do its work before you rinse and soap.  Rinse all commercial products very well from your feet, dry thoroughly, and pat with hydrogen peroxide after you bathe, letting it dry without rinsing it off.  Apply the Pepsodent, let it dry, and put on a sock.

A few weeks of this should clear things up nicely.  It did for me!!
sorry, meant to include you in this morning's posting:

Hi, thank you for your response.

I bought a tube at my local walgreens, but it was a "complete care" type, the ingredients do not match yours exactly but i was desperate. I used it all over my hands but the toothpaste is VERY sticky when dried, i couldnt sleep with it or else i'd get it all over my sheets and blanket, i noticed it relieved the itchyness when on, but the stickiness made me impatient.

Is the regular type that you use also as sticky when dried?

because of the stickiness, i didnt want to try it on my feet since i am so restless.

I am not sure if the toothpaste is working for me yet since i still have these blisters and i still itch very much. but ive only applied it about 3-4x 30 minutes at a time because i couldnt stand the stickiness and getting everything around me covered in toothpaste because im so clumsy, haha. but i will order the correct type and hopefully it will make a difference!

I've also been prescribed steroid ointments like triamcinolone acetonide .5% for my eczema but this does absolutely nothing but make my skin less dry and perhaps more vulnerable and thin.

thank you for your quick responses and helpful tips!
:-)  Yes, I think you'd better get the plain old Pepsodent.  I don't know what extra ingredients are in the "complete care."  As for the stickiness, the regular Pepsodent is not sticky once it dries, but rather like calomine lotion--dry and slightly powdery/chalky.

Perhaps you're putting too much on ... but get the regular and
(i)  wash and dry your feet (make sure they are really dry, like air-dried, not just towel-tried, including between the toes)
(ii)  wipe them down with some hydrogen peroxide and let that dry all the way (don't forget between the toes and over all the toenails)
(iii)  put on a thin layer of Pepsodent, let it dry
(iv)  then put on white cotton socks so you can get to bed and not have Pepsodent foot drawings all over your sheets in the morning.

You can also put a pair of thin cotton socks over your hands at night, or some cotton gloves that women use to condition their hands overnight (found in the drug store in the bath section), but I often find I've taken them off sometime during my sleep.  Another thing:  You should get rid of old sneakers, buy a new pair that breathe well, and go without shoes and socks at home whenever you can.  Get those feet dry.

One thing I notice, reading your mail, is you seem overanxious and impatient ... probably the reason you're breaking out in these blisters!  :-)  My earlier advice hasn't changed.  Clean your hands and feet, get ready for bed, put the Pepsodent on and LEAVE IT ON, overnight if possible.  Your :30-minute forays are just frustrating you more, and are not giving a home remedy a chance to work.

I believe the reason this works is that it smothers the blisters into nonexistence as well as infusing the skin with the mint and some other ingredient in the Pepsodent that helps kill whatever living organism is causing the blisters (is it the Formaldehyde? I don't know).  Especially since you have the blisters all over your hands and feet--you should be extra diligent about following the advice on how to cure this, rather than altering things to suit your hyperactivity (you may want to reduce your sugar and caffeine intake for a few weeks, too, to see if those blisters aren't feeding on them and to help yourself calm down ... if you're drinking sodas all I can say is "tsk tsk").

I had the blisters on my hands for years, they eventually went away and occasionally a few come back in an impotent burst for a day or two.  I had them on one foot for the past 4 or 5 years, and recently the Pepsodent treatment got totally rid of them in a month.  The other day, I saw a teeny-tiny suggestion of a blister on my foot, covered it with Pepsodent, put a sock on, went to bed, woke with a dead blister that will now never see the light of day.

Commit yourself to the process.  Calm down.  Give it a chance.  Read all of my postings from the beginning and do what I've told you and the others (yes, pee on your hands in the shower, too).  AND REPORT BACK!!  :-)