Small bump/divot on top of head. Painless unless pressure is applied

Hi all. 35 year old male in good health. I am bald and have noticed in the last few years that I have a bump/divot on the very top of my scalp, basically directly centered

It’s completely painless unless I apply pressure to it, in which case I do feel some pain. It doesn’t “move” like a cyst would persay- honestly, it feels like broken up scar tissue

I asked a dermatologist about it and he didn’t seem concerned and thought it might be dermatitis

I am a bit of a worried so it does stress me out/make me nervous when I notice it, which seems to be every time I shave my head and it becomes more pronounced

I can post a pic. It’s sort of hard to see, just looks like a smooth patch of skin on top of my otherwise bald head :)
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community