Avatar universal

So scared help please

Well first i apologize for my english level. The situation is that i had unprotected oral sex with a prostitute on January. A week later or two i had a strange and oval red/Pink spot on my underarm, with the time it was more clear on the center. I went to the dermatologist and he said it was an eczema, ok, he gave me a cream and in some days it was so tiny that i couldnt even see it. Between july and december i´ve made many std tests because i was so worried and i was discovering symptoms, touching my body, i have a ocd and im with antidepressants. It came all negative except herpes-1 but i dont know if its new or i have it since a child.
Yesterday i noticed that the spot it was again there, but now, its more clear, here is a photo: http://tinypic.com/r/wteg5f/6 you can see now that its not so colorous. But searching the internet i´ve found patients with hiv with similar spots and it says that it has to do with a fungus that affects the people with this disease. Obviously i was tested for hiv and i was negative more than 1 time. It doesnt itch.
And as i said when it appeared it was smaller than now and the colour was a darker pink than now and and had well-marked form of circle, always whiter in the center.
similar than this photos that were those which panic me: http://www.gefor.4t.com/hongos/dermatofitos.html
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
563773 tn?1374246539
I have seen the photo and it looks more like nummular dermatitis or nummular eczema. First of all, do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. Also wear cotton undergarments. Application of mild corticosteroid cream or calamine lotion should help.

To clear the HIV status, you should get investigated for HIV. So confirmation is only done by specific tests for HIV like western blot,PCR and ELISA.These tests may show accuracy after 6 weeks to 6 months as HIV antibodies take time to develop in the body.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Helpful - 0
Avatar universal
thank you Dr. Yes it looks like an eczema. So i discard Ringworm? I already tested for hiv, but i dont know, im so scared about that, this has nothing to do with that? Thanks again
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community

Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions