Sore Lump Under right arm

Hello, I noticed a small pimple looking spot on my L underarm about 3 days ago. Now it is very swollen and very sore. You can fell that it is a hard knot under the skin. There is no opening and there has been no puss to come out of it. It is just red and sore. I would appreciate any info on what you think this is. Thanks very much.
Just to let you know. I went to the Doc today and was told it was staff infection. I was put on oral antibiotics.

How old are you? Since how long have you noticed the lumps?

Underarm lumps are axillary lymph nodes which could be enlarged secondary to infection or even trauma and in rare cases due to malignancy. They are usually enlarged when a new deodorant is used, after shaving or waxing the underarm area.

Have you got an ultrasound done as yet and have you got a clinical examination got done by a physician? This would help in coming to a confirmed diagnosis.

Let us know if you have any more doubts and keep us posted on how you are doing.

Let us know about the mammogram report too.

Hope this helps.

Regards.
I have 2 sore little bumps or knots under my right arm its a little swollen any suggestions on whats wrong

An underarm lump can be most probably due to an infective condition. You could have it due to shaving or waxing or using a deodarant. Underarm lump can be caused by viral infection, allergic reaction, a swollen lymph node or a benign tumor like lipoma.

Wait for a few days and see if the lump resolves. If it persists consult your physician for a clinical evaluation.

Try some OTC painkillers for a few days. Try some warm compresses and wear lose comfortable cotton clothes.

Let us know if you need any other information and post us on how you are doing.

Regards.