Spot On Hair Line

Soon to be 33yr male, fairly healthy & active. I do have HBP that is controlled with medicine. I have a spot on the left side of my forehead pretty much on my hair line. It does not hurt, nor appears to have any "head" on it. It does appear red-ish, but only iches very little. Seems to have grown fairly fast beg of December, but has seem to be the same or shrink a little in the past 10 days.
My husband has something similar to that on his left leg. One day there was nothing there...the next day it looked like the spot on your head. A few weeks after that it was smaller and looks almost like a purple wart.
He was recently treated for skin cancer, and when he showed this spot to the dermatologist she said it was nothing major. She said she could remove it ( for a price ) but she felt that it wasn't  required.

I'm not saying that is the same thing! I'm saying it looks similar.
It could be something else.
You should still have it checked out, as any time blood pools to the surface, ( which this looks like ) it could be a sign of something serious.