Dermatology Forum

Spot on Shaft of Penis

Thanks in anticipation of taking the time to answer me!

27 year old married male, good health, had mumps last year and appendicitis in May this year. I went to Ibiza in June and passed out one night. I woke with a womans number and no recollection of what happened- except a horrible gut feeling I had engaged in sex. Upon returning home I was tested for STDS - HIV/SYPH/CHLA/GHON and given a physical examination. After my 32 day HIV DUO and battery of tests was negative I was discharged with a clean bill of health.  I was also reassured by Dr HHH that HIV and SYPH wise I was in the clear. I text the woman in question and she implied protection was used aswel. But how do I know- dont even remember a thing.

Anyway that brings me to today, almost 6 months later. I got out the shower last night and noticed this spot:

http://www.medhelp.org/user_photos/show/172654?personal_page_id=901798

It doesn't itch and isn't uncomfortable at all. I just started worrying about STDS etc. My wife has not got anytihng like this. I tried squeezing it but nothing came out of it, she thinks its just a spot.. I am a hypochondriac so am thinking its got to be something alot worse. The night before it showed up we did have sex and I fell asleep afterwards. I was on an early for work the next day 6am and didnt have time for a shower so I was abit sweaty for the best part of the day- until about 8pm..

I just want to know if it could just be a spot or if it looks like something nasty?

Pleae Help!

Welcome to the Dermatology Expert Forum! Thank you for your question.

It is possible that you have developed a penile irritation/inflammation around microinjury (small skin damage), probably caused by friction during intercourse and exposure to different body fluids later on.  With proper hygiene and avoidance of further irritation this lesion should be gone in few days.

Other possibility could be a mild folliculitis.

I am sorry I cannot say much more, but the quality of the picture you posted is not very good, and symptoms you mentioned are rather nonspecific.

Plan of action: stop worrying, and enjoy holidays with your family! However, if new lesions appear, or existing one does not subside, seeing  a dermatologist would be the best strategy.

Wishing You Optimal Health,
Dr. Jasmina Jankicevic
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions