Spots on skin

I have had these spots for 7 years. It started on my back then went on to my chest neck face and now stomach. My doctor said it was a fungus but nothing more i have no idea what it is. Someone please help me....
It can be pityriasis versicolor.It is a common skin infection caused by the yeast Malassezia furfur. This skin disease commonly affects adolescents and young adults, especially in warm and humid climates. Treatment involves topical and oral antifungal medicines.
Most cases of fungal infections respond to over-the-counter products, which contain any of several basic ingredients: miconazole, tolnaftate, terbinafine,ketaconazole and clotrimazole.You can consult a pharmacist and get any cream or lotion containing these ingredients. Some of them are Lamisil, Monistat derm, Mycelex, and Nizoral.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Warm regards.