Strange Lump in Under Arm

I am prone to boils/cysts and about 2 weeks ago noticed a sore red lump forming under my arm.  It was extremely sore and I thought, "oh no"  I've had several cysts/boils over the years and they cause me much pain.  

After a couple of days it started going down and becoming less sore and red but then it seemed to be more inside my armpit and under the skin, but the skin still had a red spot.

Now there is no red spot, but something is still in there.  There is not a lot of pain but it still sore if I push on it, but the thing that alarms most is that it seems to have changed from a roundish shaped to a longish shape and something seems to be pulling.  I can't stretch out my arm completely because it feels like something is pulling on my ligaments or muscle..it actually draws the skin in about half way up my arm on the underside when I try to stretch my arm completely out.  The lump or whatever it could be seems to have gotten smaller but it is causing pain all the way down my upper arm.

I have a doctor's appt. next week but am extremely worried and have not been able to find out much information from searching.
i have exactlyu the same thing

did you find out what it was?